Knoxville Fulton Falcons

AERoadrunners

Many of you thought I was crazy when I posted this message back on June 3, 2002

[Everybody is overlooking these Fulton Falcons but they are scaring me. Coach Buck Coatney and company will have fearful running attack this year. If they can find a decent line and QB, the Fulton Falcons will be hard to recking with. I don't fear the rest of these teams but Fulton is scaring me. We have speed and they have speed it's going to be a track meet whenever we hit the field.

GO AE, Back 2 Back State Champs sounds good to me!]

So I want to know what everyone is thinking now since I was the one who said it first? What are your thoughts about Fulton and its chances?

AE is looking for another shot at these Falcons we have some unsettle business to finish with them. They're talking that stuff and now its almost time for us to meet again so we can put'em on that hust!

Fulton has an excellent team just like Anderson County last year. I remember last that it was Anderson County, AE, and Fulton ranked 1-2-3. This year the teams are pretty evenly matched. I mean there are only 8pts and 2 OTs seperating these 3 teams this season.

I think 2nd place is where you want to be in the Region--aka--Austin-East in 2001. While AC-Ful were battling right down to the hilt (OT) because of the "miracle" in da country, AE was drilling GP. The next week, AE came over to AC and walked away with the W. It was a decent game, but...AC just didn't appear to have that edge while AE was playing their butts off enroute to their Gold Ball claiming CHAMPIONSHIP.

Do I think this year could be the same way. In week 2 while Fulton-AE is doing business, AC will be playing either Kingston, Seymour, or GP. Those are good teams, but..not of the caliber of AE or Fulton. I'm not going to make any predictions yet, other than one of these 3 teams WILL win the state again this season.

I'm sure that the people from Trousdale Co, Crockett Co, Covington, and Marshall Co feel different, but..to me no one is giving these teams the respect they deserve from CoachT's poll all the way down to the prepratings poll. Gosh, AE is the defending state champion. I do believe the AP poll has Fulton 3rd and AC 5th, but...

Fulton is better than I gave them credit for. I still think that Coach Coatney is their biggest weakness. They made mistakes against Kingston that they won't be able to overcome against first-rate opponents. They are more disciplined than they have been in the past, and they probably have better talent, too, but they still make stupid penalties and Whetsel will throw into coverage. One thing they do have, though, is speed, and lots of it. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of speed AE has. Fulton can make it to the 'boro, but they are their own worst enemy along the way.

I definetly think that the 3A State Champ will come from 2-3A. I'm hoping that the Mavericks can pull it out. I'll agree with Answer in that 2nd place looks like the place to be for AC. But AC has to pull for an Austin-East win over Kingston in week 10. If Kingston were to beat the Roadrunners, then AE is 4th and AC would probably play them in round 2 and Fulton would get Kingston. If AC can't win it all, I'm pulling for the Roadrunners. They have tons of class over there at Austin-East unlike what they have at Fulton. I was on the field after Fulton beat AC, and the Fulton players were classless in celebrating there win by taunting the Mavs with several explicatives. There lack of class (several personal fouls in the waining minutes) was also one of the reasons AC was able to come back last year in round 2 against Fulton.

Posted by bigdeal:

I definetly think that the 3A State Champ will come from 2-3A. I'm hoping that the Mavericks can pull it out. I'll agree with Answer in that 2nd place looks like the place to be for AC. But AC has to pull for an Austin-East win over Kingston in week 10. If Kingston were to beat the Roadrunners, then AE is 4th and AC would probably play them in round 2 and Fulton would get Kingston. If AC can't win it all, I'm pulling for the Roadrunners. They have tons of class over there at Austin-East unlike what they have at Fulton. I was on the field after Fulton beat AC, and the Fulton players were classless in celebrating there win by taunting the Mavs with several explicatives. There lack of class (several personal fouls in the waining minutes) was also one of the reasons AC was able to come back last year in round 2 against Fulton.

AC would much rather have Kingston than AE, I would think. They might be going to GP, especially if it's GP/Kingston in the first round. As for Fulton, they have produced some of the most classless players of any team I have seen, but they didn't seem as bad this year. Kingston has played Fulton in region play since 1997 (twice in 1998), and this series has produced more on-field fights than any other opponent.

First of all, I wish Kingston the best of luck this Friday but I hope AE win because if we win there's a possibilty we meet Fulton in the second round. AE players and fans want another shot at these Falcons because they're talking that mad stuff. I'm also, hoping for a Gibbs upset Friday at Fulton. Wouldn't that be great!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS FRIDAY! GO AE!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kwalker7

Funny you should mention fights. First time Fulton played at Kingston I was totally shocked! I have NEVER been to a game where the ENTIRE stands cussed the other team over & over in a cheer with the band! Even the cheerleaders did it! One of the players STARTED a fight over on our sidelines to get one of our starting lineman kicked out of the game. There was another player that was awful the whole game! Every time he made a tackle he gave our fans the finger & grabbed what I guess was supposed to be his privates! TOTALLY classless!

However, I'll have to admit, besides the heckler that kept yelling obscenities at our team during warm-ups, the Kingston team, fans, band were very nice. Can't say anything bad about them this year. I think every school has a few people that can make the whole program look bad. But you better believe - when the coaches hear of any of the players acting like they shouldn't - they take care of it. They make them pay dearly!