One More day til...

TnBball

Hey athletes,coaches, and fans tomm (Oct 28) starts the first official day that high school basketball practice can begin. With the season right around the corner (Nov 25, not counting Hall of Fame games), who will be the last team standing come March? List the 8 best teams in each Class.

I know I cant wait til practice tomm... ;)

Here are my early predictions for DII:

1. Harding Academy - lost Matt Shansky and Jan Williams, kept Trey Williams, good coaching, out to prove that they belong in the top after being upset last year

2. Father Ryan - The Irish always come out strong in the post season, they have to learn to play with out Billy May

3. Bishop Byrne - had a really good year last year but were overshadowed by Gasol at Lausanne, the Red Knights have been on the verge of going that next step for a long time now and this might be the year

4. Baylor - The Red Raiders looked good last year and there's no reason to doubt similar things from them this year

5. Montgomery Bell - Father Ryan will still be a thorn in their side, but they have to keep their focus and avoid upsets

6. Notre Dame - The Irish will be looking to go deep into March this year if they can stave off McCallie

7. MUS - You can never count Coach Peters' teams out. They are almost a constant in the post-season and know when to peak

8. Brentwood Academy - The Eagles have a good shot at Rhodes again this year

The best of the rest

BGA

Christian Brothers

McCallie

Lausanne - this really depends on Gasol's health and West's skills, they could be up there in Bishop Byrne's spot.

I'm not too sure about the Middle, except for my Ryan pick.

[Edited by mhalionboy03 on 10-27-02 1:54P]

I'm not too caught up in the east but here are my picks for DII

1) Harding Academy (west) - returns DII's best player in Tre Williams. Has great coaching and defense.

2) Notre Dame (east) - Lost only 2 starters from last year's state semifinalist team. Bowman and co. are looking to make get back to the 'Boro.

3) Father Ryan (middle) - Life after Billy May will be very interesting. Great coaching and defense will take them far.

4) Brentwood Academy (middle) - Returns basically everybody and then some. Very deep, great coaching, will press non-stop.

5) Bishop Byrne (west) - Charles Hampton is one of the top PG's in the state and is going to take this team to new heights.

6)McCallie (east) - Josh Suddeth is deadly. Very quick and athletic guards. Losing Feher hurt bad, will see how they rebound from that loss.

7) Lausanne (west) - Gasol health will make or break this team. SG Carlos Taylor can carry a load and can score with ease.

8) BGA (middle) - Cole Rose is going to shoulder a heavy load this year. Transfer Patrick Parker from Minnesota is going to help.

Honorable Mention

MUS (west) - Ryan Baum is going to be called upon to do everything.

MBA (middle) - Look out for super SG Jeffrey Hollis. Can score in a variety of ways and when he goes, so does MBA.

Baylor (east) - losing Idelette and Nelms will hurt, but Johnathon Adams and Trey Tindell can flat out play.