Tensowrthseean All Mid State

tandem

Wow, you make such a great argument. Your knowledge of recruiting astounds me.

Anyway, both are deserving, however, Corn is a senior with multiple championships as well. If I had to pick one of the two on my team, I chose Hurd.

Ensworth vs. Beech. Ensworth due to defense though i believe Beech wound still score 30+. Ensworth does have better week to week competition but, Beech is on that level this past season. If you doubt it, then you are grossly misinformed and yes I have seen both play multiple times though I am not a recruiter.

Elder will be a scat back , slot guy and will have very very good college years... He will not be your 20+ carry guy but 7-10 touches using him in motion most of the time...

Hurd if I was picking a HIGH SCHOOL team he would be my first pick , asides from speed etc etc etc main reason is his size- he is a man playing among boys!!! I know a few in Beech community that says he is fantastic young man...however he won't play RB in college...

EHS beats BHS by 24

• Upvote 1

Elder will be a scat back , slot guy and will have very very good college years... He will not be your 20+ carry guy but 7-10 touches using him in motion most of the time...

Hurd if I was picking a HIGH SCHOOL team he would be my first pick , asides from speed etc etc etc main reason is his size- he is a man playing among boys!!! I know a few in Beech community that says he is fantastic young man...however he won't play RB in college...

EHS beats BHS by 24

Agree on Elder.

Agree on Hurd except for the blatant disregard of Hurd's ability to play RB at the next level. Yes, he could be a very good WR as well but don't look for him on the defensive side at all. If you remember on another topic, many running backs who are tall have done very well. Eddie George, Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, Franco Harris, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Steven Jackson, Darren McFadden are all 6'2" or over. Bo Jackson was a mere 6'1". All are between 215lbs and 235lbs. Hurd is 6'3" and 215lbs. Even if he gains an inch to reach Brandon Jacobs height and gains 20lbs of muscle in the coming years, who cares? He runs a 4.37 and runs bye or through people while staying in stride and at times accelerating as he passes. You are insane to not entertain the possibilities.

Lastly, I can agree EHS beats Beech by 24 on a good day and 14 on a bad day. Beech still scores 30+.

Edited by TheRealTruth

I appreciate your opinion as to the head-to-head. I have no opinion on that subject, since they did not play and it does not matter at this point. No common opponents during the 2012 season, though Beech did beat Columbia by 21 in the final at a neutral site, 56-35. For comparison, Baylor also beat Columbia by 21 in week 7 at Columbia (24-7). Ensworth beat Baylor 42-17 in week 4.

Thanks for the appreciation. Head-to-head talk is all in fun. So you are saying Beech could possibly beat Baylor, a private school!!! Quiet! Somebody will hear you.

What sets Hurd apart from your traditional big back is his speed, balance, and footwork for his size. You don't see this often. When he packs on 20 + pounds and maintains these qualities, he will be very effective as a RB anywhere he decides to play at the next level.

Elder's career has been great, but who is the Mid-State Player of the "this" Year? I give it to Hurd all day. He doesn't take dives or avoids contact because he's not a 165 lbs. He will run through you, over you, around you, and then by you. He is a complete back. It was most certainly a seniority award. Not taking anything away from Elder because he's a good player, but he's no Jalen Hurd.

Also just noticed this earlier... his highlights from this year! Enjoy fellas!

What sets Hurd apart from your traditional big back is his speed, balance, and footwork for his size. You don't see this often. When he packs on 20 + pounds and maintains these qualities, he will be very effective as a RB anywhere he decides to play at the next level.

Elder's career has been great, but who is the Mid-State Player of the "this" Year? I give it to Hurd all day. He doesn't take dives or avoids contact because he's not a 165 lbs. He will run through you, over you, around you, and then by you. He is a complete back. It was most certainly a seniority award. Not taking anything away from Elder because he's a good player, but he's no Jalen Hurd.

JH is a special kid but mark me word he will not be a RB in cillege

Well, tell that to the number of coaches that want him at that position. Obviously, you're a much better authority on college football than Meyer, Miles, Muschamp, Richt, Jones, Franklin, and on and on, right?

Still swingin, I see. This is still coming from the same guy that thought Beech was going to continually get beaten in every game in the playoffs. How'd that work out for you? Your predictions have been so spot on that at this point it appears that Mr. Hurd will not only be a RB, but he will be a world class RB. Cracks me up.... :roflol:

Aaahhh yes.......good times.....good times.....

Well, tell that to the number of coaches that want him at that position. Obviously, you're a much better authority on college football than Meyer, Miles, Muschamp, Richt, Jones, Franklin, and on and on, right?

Still swingin, I see. This is still coming from the same guy that thought Beech was going to continually get beaten in every game in the playoffs. How'd that work out for you? Your predictions have been so spot on that at this point it appears that Mr. Hurd will not only be a RB, but he will be a world class RB. Cracks me up.... :roflol:

Ha ha please show me where I picked against Beech - fact maybe 2 or best 3 predictions and I had BHS beating MJ and WC

Just b/c a school recruits a kid does not mean/ guarantee he will be a RB

Fact / likes OSU due to promise him RB

Fact / cool to Bama as Nick wants him a WR

Fact - does JH know he had a stalker in you?

Fact - I know more football then you

Fact - merry Christmas

Not a stalker, just very close to the family. You may know more about football or you may not, but you don't know more about Hurd and his future plans. So, you won't win this pissing contest. And at the end of the day, keep hating on Hurd and what you think he can't do. He's already easily proved why he's a top stud RB in the nation. That won't change at the next level.