for sweetwater coaches

ramtough

Hey PizzaMan, the thing that you'll find on this message board is that many people who post are out on the fringe of an issue and that the truth is somewhere in the middle. It's the fringe opinions that bring people back and evoke people to respond. Just look, if it hadn't been for ramtough or the os fans, we would never have heard your opinion or learned the stats that you contributed. Heck, you even went back to watch the tapes to make your point! Would you have done that if we all were homers and just wanted to talk about how good swater is? I'm glad you posted and you had some great information. Remember, just because someone questions doesn't mean they are less of a fan or that they don't want to see the team win.

Just my humble but accurate insight :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy pizzaman, you make some points, but so does ramtough. There is nothing wrong with a little conductive cricism. Unless someone or some team is totally perfect, not just talking about the record, you can always learn, or if nothing else keep you thinking. Success is great, but you can always get better, the worst thing you can do is get complacive. Ramtough is right, they will have to step it up a notch in the play-offs. Yes they have a great offense, but they will have to be a little more unpredictable the deeper they make it in the play-offs. All players will have to take it up a notch. And I don't think this will bother the players that much, if anything it will make them play harder. When you get to where you can't listen to cricism, or someone else's opinion, then you are probably not being the best you can be. If you listen to all who speak, everything may not make sense, but this is a good way to learn and gain knowledge. When you achieve your goals, make new ones, never get complacent! They are starting to open it up, and they must do more so every week. I do agree on the QB thing. The only reason you havn't seen more of the other teams QB's is because they were all losing to Sweetwater! But even then, I think other teams have played back-ups more. They are living dangerously, and should have used there back-up QB more! I'm a sweetwater fan, and the cricism won't hurt you but it sure can inspire you, and make you work harder, and there is nothing wrong with that! go wildcats ;)

Much respect for all the coaches this year. This year I have seen more mixture in the play calling and I have actually been fooled on a few plays myself. (lol) However, please, please, take a knee this week in the final minute. You about gave me a heart attack. (lol) The boyz got what it takes and for the first time in my three years (as a parent on the sidelines), I am confident the coaches got what it takes to take it to the boroooooo.........GO COACHES!!!!!! ;):):)

Hey pizzaman, first of all i am not a coach or have I ever wanted to be one. You don't have to be a coach to see the things I see. The truth must hurt you because you showed that when you got personal. The stats you gave sound pretty good(some are right some are wrong). Bottom line is alot of those numbers came when sweetwater was way ahead and the other team was beat down. When the cats should have had there young guys in. Was you not at the loudon game. They shut sweetwater down in the first three quaters. Why did we not see all those gamebreaking plays then. The only reason sweetwater scored in the forth was loudon players played both ways and got tired. I am not trying to trash out the coaches. Bottom line is everyone can get better. And whether you like it or not I see ways that they could improve. Maybe instead of you having your eye in the camera you should be watching the game. The cats and the coaching are good but are not perfect. Most of the time(except you)people take negative feedback and feed off of it to get better whether it is true or not. So coaches when practice and the games are over and you talk to your players to tell them to get better tell them ways that you will improve the next time you coach.

Hey pizzaman. I did what I wanted to do I got your attention and everyone else. Hey I even made you sign on and reply. So I take it the coaches read it to. I'm sure they know what I am talking about. I am just like everyone else I want the cats to go all the way to. But it is going to take more and a few running plays. They are going to have to throw when the score is zero to zero on firts down. Tell me the last time they done that. When the game is tight they run. When they have a cushion lead they throw. So I don't know what games you have been watching. Sounds like to me you are the coach want to be.

I DONT SEE WUT THA BIG FUSS IS ABOUT IM GUESSIN THAT THEY WILL WORRY ABOUT THROWIN THA BALL WHENEVER SUMBODY STOPS THE RUN BECAUSE WUT I HAVE SEEN IS A SWEETWATER TEAM RUN THE BALL PRETTY EFFECTIVLY U PEOPLE SAY HOW THEY SHUT DOWN THE RUN BUT IT KINDA DONT ADD UP SEIN THAT THEY STILL RAN THEY BALL PRETTY WELL IF IT GETS N THE ENDZONE THEN IM GUESSIN THAT THERE NOT STOPIN IT THAT WELL

Guest pizzaman

Ramtough who said anything about the players and coaches not wanting to get better or improve this is your way of scrambling out of you original post. No one said anything about the players or coaches not wanting to get better my response was simply to show how much you dont know. Everything I said is fact period. No one said the cats arent going to have to step it up in the playoffs you are just trying to get off the original subject of the cats offense and how it doesnt do anything the way you think it should. who are you --just because you think they should do things different doesnt mean they should--I think they Know just a little bit more about their own team and their opponents than you do. And once again you make a totally stupid statement about them never throwing the ball unless their are already up on someone and the game is put away. Once again you must be blind and not watching the same game that everyone else does. Gatlinburg--3rd play of the game td pass to put the cats up 7-0(was that game already put away at 0-0; alcoa 2ndplay of the game pass to number 5and td pass to #6on the 3rd series , coffee county 1st play of the game pass, Oliver Springs with the cats behind 7-0td pass to #5, Sequoyah 3rd play of the game td pass to #5, NEED I pull more facts up that you continue to overlook ---once again the facts have proven everything you say to simply be an opinion with no facts to back up. DO you live in the real football world or do you play fantasy football world.---Keep on the subject I agree 100% that the cats will have to step it up in the playoffs just like every other team that makes it da-but that wasnt you complaint it was all about how their offense didnt do the right thing. #2 in the state in 2a football in scoring keep not doing the right things wildcat coaches it seems to be working pretty well.

Guest pizzaman

You bring up the loudon game to prove your point ---could it be that maybe the cats just had a bad game maybe--all teams do I saw where maryville was just up on west 6-0 a halftime --do you think their fans started saying their play calling was bad --probably not ---maybe sweetwater simply had a bad game---I think this is the only game you can bring up that says something in itself.--dont even say oliver springs shut sweetwater down sweetwater punted twice the entire game 270 yds. rushing is not getting shut down the only reason the cats didnt put at least 30 on oliver springs is the 2 fumbles inside the redzone.Another thought came to me as I think about your comments about the few plays sweetwater runs --have you seen sweetwater footballfor the past 10 years- I sweep left or right, or the isolation was all they ran with a with a few bootlegs, everyone knew what was coming but they couldnt stop it HMMMM --thats an interesting philosophy.

Guest pizzaman

ramtough one more reply to your comment about taking negative feedback and using it to get better you left out a very important point if the negative feedback comes from someone who knows what they are talking about and that you respect then you do use it to get better however I dont think the coaching staff really cares what a person who you admitted yourself says and im sure they would not respect someones negative opinion who has never walked in their shoes. good job coaches keep up the good work I appreciate it ,my son appreciates it and so does the entire team.

Guest pizzaman

ramtough you did get my attention only because I am sick of coaches getting roasted by people who have never coached before. That would be like a coach trying to tell a doctor how to perform surgery ----Ive come to sweetwater games for years and listen to the suppose to be supporters blasts the coaches in the stands even the year they won the state championship ---I think thats a joke---support the team win or loose or even if they dont do what you think they should do----it is the coaches job to decide what offense to run and what defense to run and we need to support them whether we like their style or not ---or else just stay at home ---as for coaches reading this I dont know where your going with that you will have to fill me in----Its amazing how many expert coaches their are ----it all goes back to a saying i heard once football teams win in spite of their coaches and loose because of them---the coaches shouldnt be put in this type of situation--especially for the big supplements the coaches get I know for a fact that 2 of sweetwater coaches dont get paid a dime they do it out of the goodness of their heart but get pounded everytime something is not done the way the fans want it to be done. I support the sweetwater coaching staff.

Pizzaman, Look you are getting a little carried away. You say you don't care what i say if that were true you would not have wrote a whole book on this post. I never said I did not support the coaches. I said they have the chance to get better. If I was like you and stood in the stands and agreeded with everything they done and said everything was perfect then they would never try to improve on the game. Some of the most faithful fans in the world in all sports dissagree with something but without the fans there would be no sport. So no not me or alot of other fans are just going to set in the stands and say nothing. Sounds like to me you want a team but no fans. Because just about every fan in the stands has said something negative about the cats,its human nature. As of todays date and time there has been around 650 people read these post and you are the only one that has jumped up and said the play calling is perfect. Now what do you think the other 649 people are thanking. Lets get one thing straight. I pull for the cats and there coaches I always have and always will. I never said anything bad about the players. I thank they are great. You said that if the cats loose it is because they got beat by a better team. Well that sounds like to me that you said the coaches are not at fought but the players were just out played. I on the other hand beleive that there are not another group of boys out there that can beat the cats as long as the play calling is good. They even won a few times when the play calling was not so good. Like not putting anyone back to recieve punts . I like everyone else is tickled to death that the cats are undefeated. But what power house have they played. You look at them as perfect and say that they are as good as they need to be. Yet everyday after practice the coaches say we have to get better. So do you disagree with the coaches. If you don't like the things I say then you can just go through life looking at the world as if everything is perfect and see how far you get. When playing sports you go through life everyday, everyweek, every game trying to get better thats the whole purpose and that includes the coaches. A smart coach listens to everyone because he knows if he looks hard enough he might find something. So never look at the past and say everything is okay the way it is. Because if you do something will sneak up on you. Then you might thank back to what that idiot fan yelled to you while you was walking by. Always strive to be better than you are regaurdless what you have done in the past. It ain't where your from its where your at.

[Edited by ramtough on 10-30-02 4:47P]