AP Poll Out of Touch..7A should be #1 & #2

bobcatfan300

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the problem with polls.....this is an example-Mt Pleasant boys started #1 in first poll-4 days later beaten by Richland, poll comes out the drop to 5th and once again, 4 days later lose to a 5 win culleoka team and surprise surprise they are #5 again this week.......lets be real-I dont care who you beat, you dont jump from 7th to 3rd ahead of teams that didnt lose.....you keep talking about 7A and last years finals-summertown went 8 minutez shooting 0-23 and lost in ot by 1 point....it wasnt that they shut us down, we went cold at a bad time......and in wtching JC they are very beatable, trust me

What kind of crack are you smoking? Why do you think Summertown went 8 minutes without scoring? Because you played a team that plays defense! If this but that is all i hear from you! Crackhead Chris is your new name because you have to be high to think the BEST TEAM did not win when you played CLAY COUNTY! Last time i checked they didn't give out trophies for a semi-final LOSS. Whats the bottom line? YOU LOST in a head to head match-up period. END OF STORY!

No disrespect to the new #1 and #2 teams, but Clarkrange and Jackson Co. should be #1 & #2.

7A has dominated for many years and last year both schools from 7A were in the finals (Jackson Co vs Clay Co...who won it). Clay Co should be in the poll as well. Most 7A losses are from within the district or to other Upper Cumberland powers such as Livingston, Cannon Co, York or Upperman, White Co, or Cookeville.

So should we just cancel state tournament this year and save everyone else the trouble and expense??? Maybe just cancel rest of season and let these two teams play one game for championship ?

So should we just cancel state tournament this year and save everyone else the trouble and expense??? Maybe just cancel rest of season and let these two teams play one game for championship ?

I heard someone make a similar statement last year and in the end 7A played for the championship.These are 2 very good teams and it will take a good team to beat them thats for sure, however having said that anything can happen come tourney time. All it takes is one bad game and you're done but there are only a couple of Class A teams that can realistically say they have a legitimate shot at beating a Jackson County, a Clarkrange or a Union City this year and the ones i just mentioned are it. Notice i said "this year" not previous years or the future i'm just talking about this year at the glass house. I don't think any team out of the east has a shot at getting past the first round of the tournament but teams like Summertown, Moore Co. etc... always bring a solid team to the tournament so they are capable of pulling the upset and like i've said many times when you're dealing with teenagers ANYTHING can happen! :mrgreen:

Edited by devilfanatic