Ooltewah's head coach shannon williams leaves the nest!

GOOSESDAD

It shouldn't matter where a kid lives, if parents pay taxes, a kid should be able to go where he or she wants, as long as they can get them there. Apparently, some kids like going to Ooltewah, East Hamilton. I bet not many knocking down Central, East Ridge to go there.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!OOLTEWAH #OWLNATION IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!! ^_^

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the stupidest thing I have heard.

Really don't matter...... I know at East Ham getting registered in school there is like buying a home..... They really check the paper work, and then recheck it. No coach wants to go thru what Signal went thru. Word is Central has a few wanting out, looking at Ooltewah and East Ham, Central coaches are really watching and will blow the wistle quick if somethings not right.

If you rent break the lease and move into zone. Or put your house up for sale, (wink) or put a sign up. Rent a apartment in zone, move into it for 9 months that's $5400, plus water, elect, cable, your in. about $8500 still cheaper then Mccallie, Baylor etc. Is it right no, but its all ligit by the rules of the county, and TSSAA.

There are only 2 I know of that have ran their mouth about going to another school. But all that is is a bunch of talk. King and Allen will be watching it close. And I'm glad they are. Too many kids going to the same school makes it very difficult for the other shcools to be competitive. That hurts the honest kids. Ooltewah is full of them. My Son played rec ball with them and went to Hunter with them. From there most went to Ooltewah. I know where they live and its not in Ooltewahs zone.

There are only 2 I know of that have ran their mouth about going to another school. But all that is is a bunch of talk. King and Allen will be watching it close. And I'm glad they are. Too many kids going to the same school makes it very difficult for the other shcools to be competitive. That hurts the honest kids. Ooltewah is full of them. My Son played rec ball with them and went to Hunter with them. From there most went to Ooltewah. I know where they live and its not in Ooltewahs zone.

The grass is always greener on the other side...... IMO that's not always the case. There has been a few that have parted ways with East Ham. So we are not as perfect as some of our fans think we are. As for Central, here is what I think, the middle school program is very good, always have very good football, and baseball, and for that matter basketball. Coach Allan is a good coach and can do the job if he gets all the players from Brown. ? does he have a good relationship with the Brown coach, the middle school coach should be on the sidelines at all the high school games. Allen needs to connect with the middle school program and know the kids and develop a relationship with them. Thats how I would do it. Central can be a great team in 4A, if they can keep there kids. Coaches from other schools really need not go after other schools kids. But with that said it is always a dad who wants something better thus pushes the kid toward another school. I kind of got off track a few post ago, with the owl folks...... they tend to get a lot of Tyner and Central kids at there school always have. I have an issue with there admin, not the players or coaches. Here is some poop, When they rezoned East Ham and Ooltewah, the kids rezoned back to Ootewah but could stay at East Ham thru grandfather if they were really good football players got a call from admin at Ooltewah and said come back you'll be much better here "we really take good care of our football players here". 3 calls that I know of. That I have a problem with.

East Ham. has probably the classiest coach around. The HUnter Coaches push their players to go to Ool. and we mainly get Brown kids. They are fine kids but when you lose half your pool of talent its already a strike against you. Having said that...if they want to go to Ool. that bad I really don't want em. Most are stuck up kids that are only as good as their parents say they are..which aint much.

East Ham. has probably the classiest coach around. The HUnter Coaches push their players to go to Ool. and we mainly get Brown kids. They are fine kids but when you lose half your pool of talent its already a strike against you. Having said that...if they want to go to Ool. that bad I really don't want em. Most are stuck up kids that are only as good as their parents say they are..which aint much.

So....did the classiest coach help get all his all city,county,region,state,Best of Preps seniors into college....or did he praise his upcoming class of 2014 in the TIMESFREEPRESS on 2013 NATIONAL SIGNING DAY.......what a class act!

OK I do recall the No. 2 safety in the nation left the state.....which aint much...#coachingcarousel

Really don't matter...... I know at East Ham getting registered in school there is like buying a home..... They really check the paper work, and then recheck it. No coach wants to go thru what Signal went thru. Word is Central has a few wanting out, looking at Ooltewah and East Ham, Central coaches are really watching and will blow the wistle quick if somethings not right.

If you rent break the lease and move into zone. Or put your house up for sale, (wink) or put a sign up. Rent a apartment in zone, move into it for 9 months that's $5400, plus water, elect, cable, your in. about $8500 still cheaper then Mccallie, Baylor etc. Is it right no, but its all ligit by the rules of the county, and TSSAA.

You cant make anyone go to a school they dont want to go to as long as it is within the rules of the T$$AA ....