Stone vs. Alcoa III (possible last ever match-up)

JebronLames6

Interesting...wasn't Alcoa beaten in the game that really mattered by Stone? That's checkmate. That caused Alcoa to travel, where they won, but ultimately get destroyed by Mitchell, resulting in checkmate. Maybe Tony should just worry about winning and not running...his mouth? Nobody cares unless you win gold, ask Drew Maddux.

Glad to see others feel the same about jones as me. I'm usually in the minority on these issues but glad to see like feelings.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe Mike Buck should be considered as one of the top HS coaches in America (yes, I know he isn't there this year), since he had success against Tony.

There is no doubt that Buck can coach, but why would beating jones 50% of the time make u a top HS coach in america.. nobody from alcoa has said anything about Jones being one of the best in america. You also seem to forget that stone has double the enrollment of alcoa and should beat alcoa most of the time,when u have more to pull from year in year out.. last years alcoa team had 1 guy sign scholarship papers to a D2 team, stone had 2 sign last year to play NAIA, and 1 sign this year...

There is no doubt that Buck can coach, but why would beating jones 50% of the time make u a top HS coach in america.. nobody from alcoa has said anything about Jones being one of the best in america. You also seem to forget that stone has double the enrollment of alcoa and should beat alcoa most of the time,when u have more to pull from year in year out.. last years alcoa team had 1 guy sign scholarship papers to a D2 team, stone had 2 sign last year to play NAIA, and 1 sign this year...

Agreed that the statement of Buck being the best coach in America is bold at best. However, It just takes five players in round ball. Your statement, 'the larger school should beat the smaller school most of the time' is more valid in football than roundball. There has been plenty of AA inner city schools that could have won the AAA gold ball in the past..

Agreed that the statement of Buck being the best coach in America is bold at best. However, It just takes five players in round ball. Your statement, 'the larger school should beat the smaller school most of the time' is more valid in football than roundball. There has been plenty of AA inner city schools that could have won the AAA gold ball in the past..

There will always be "those years" but the bigger the school the better the chance you have of having an awesome program from Freshmen to Varsity

Buck and Stone were 2-6 against Anderson County until AC moved to AAA. Hopefully, AAA is a little kinder to Stone then it has been to AC...

I also do not understand how you can have and be in checkmate, and still call check, and be kinged in checkers all in the same season?

Buck and Capps let their play talk. Jones spends more time talking to the refs, and to the media than to his players. Having watched Alcoa a lot, I will say that Kenny Dean has done a lot to overcome TJ's coaching. He is a baller and those kids all play hard, it is a shame that TJs talk and antics overshadow that!

Buck and Stone were 2-6 against Anderson County until AC moved to AAA. Hopefully, AAA is a little kinder to Stone then it has been to AC...

I also do not understand how you can have and be in checkmate, and still call check, and be kinged in checkers all in the same season?

The district their joining is literally the worst AAA district in the state. They should dominate it for a long time. They will probably be a sub state mainstay for years to come.