6AA Really Up-for Grabs!

chattacane

This district is going to be a good one. Anyone can win it. It'll be between Central, Red Bank, and East Hamilton. Central has Dominique, Ryan Poole, Culton Morgan, and the good transfers int the Lowe kid and Chase Spurgeon. Look for Dominique to be there ace and then Chase Spurgeon and Culton to be #2 and #3. Red Bank has Seniors Hagen Wilkey, Ryder Pierce, Gage Winton, and Tyler when he gets back. Wilkey will be the ace and Winton will be their #2.East Hamilton has ace Matty Henshaw and then the #2 spot is up for grabs between Sophomore Hunter Smith and Conner Sadro. People are saying the Smith kid but I watched them scrimmage McCallie and the kid looked nervous, so its anybody's job to take. But East Ham will be lead by Seniors Tyler Waters, Landon Pauls, Tanner Ungos, and Nic Auger along with Juniors Austin Gatewood and Hunter Parker and Sophomore Matt Miltia.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank last year was a fluke. Not too many teams with a losing record make it to the 'Boro. I agree they got hot at the right time.

Might have been a fluke but we did what we needed to do to get there and while there lost both of our games by 1 run a piece. It doesn't matter how you start it only matters what you are doing in May and fact of the matter is that last May we out played everyone in our region.

Might have been a fluke but we did what we needed to do to get there and while there lost both of our games by 1 run a piece. It doesn't matter how you start it only matters what you are doing in May and fact of the matter is that last May we out played everyone in our region.

Yes you did! And it was very impressive.........

INTERESTING .... Hamilton County's best team

"Hitchcox, perhaps to deflect attention from his squad, pointed the finger right back at Soddy-Daisy and added Walker Valley and Cleveland to his favorites list, mentioning Cleveland left-hander Jake Wyrick as a likely season MVP. He also added that East Hamilton, the Owls' big rival in the northeast part of the county, might well be Hamilton County's best team."

INTERESTING .... Hamilton County's best team

"Hitchcox, perhaps to deflect attention from his squad, pointed the finger right back at Soddy-Daisy and added Walker Valley and Cleveland to his favorites list, mentioning Cleveland left-hander Jake Wyrick as a likely season MVP. He also added that East Hamilton, the Owls' big rival in the northeast part of the county, might well be Hamilton County's best team."

After pre season East Ham is better then I thought..... Lot of young guys they can hit, and play D. Pitching is the key, they will neeed to do it by committee at times. The young Soph Kyle Cox, is very impressive. But the championship goes thru Red Bank and Central. Ooltewah is the best team in Chattanooga sorry McCallie, The Owls are loaded at pitching Dupree is a beast.

Dupree is very good but 2 thru 5 is still suspect. They will have to throw strikes and good teams will hit the flat fastball (Thompson). I like Cental's pitching staff but what about the defense? Red Bank has some good bats but they also will have to keep it in the strike zone. East Hamilton has a good D and very good team speed. Watch out should be some good baseball coming up.

Some scores for the night..... Central 4 Hixson 2........ East Hamilton 10 East Ridge 0 .... last I heard Red Bank was leading Tyner 9 to 4 final? Hixson leads Central for 4 innings. Henshaw throws a one hitter at ER.

East Ridge has a long way to go............. Henshaw looked very good. The big kid that threw for East Ridge is a good player Avery I think is his first name, threw well but way to many missed played fly balls, outfield also let a few ball get threw there legs, kind of hard to pitch like that. ER has good infield. Coaches need to listen up here..... You cannot put all your studs in the infield, and think the outfield an't that important...... This an't little leauge anymore the guys have got to be able to cover ground. Edited by chattacane

Dupree is the most overrated prospect on the state

I have known Dupree for a long time he is a very good kid, with great parents. Kevin also a very good baseball player and has worked very hard at the game. A lot of times kids that are very good at an early age have a lot of expectations thrown on them Kevin falls into this area IMO. MTSU is a very good D1 baseball school IMO they would not sign him if they did not think he was very talented.

I really don’t know what overrated is……. Overrated by whose standard fans, other teams? MTSU does not think he is overrated, I don’t think he is overrated; I think he is a heck of a good ballplayer. I respect your opinion and think you have the right to it. But at the end of the day he is a 17 year kid, trying to make his way. If Kevin makes it in baseball is totally up to him. I will tell you he will be a great person at life.

But back to baseball he has all the tools to be big time! 6’3 200 pounds, throws in the mid to up 80’s good breaking pitch, and oh yea he is a southpaw! Many of pros make big money because they are southpaws, no matter there record. He will go for the brass ring, no doubt about that……… But in the spirit of things if he throws against the Canes I hope we punch his lights out.

I have known Dupree for a long time he is a very good kid, with great parents. Kevin also a very good baseball player and has worked very hard at the game. A lot of times kids that are very good at an early age have a lot of expectations thrown on them Kevin falls into this area IMO. MTSU is a very good D1 baseball school IMO they would not sign him if they did not think he was very talented.

I really don’t know what overrated is……. Overrated by whose standard fans, other teams? MTSU does not think he is overrated, I don’t think he is overrated; I think he is a heck of a good ballplayer. I respect your opinion and think you have the right to it. But at the end of the day he is a 17 year kid, trying to make his way. If Kevin makes it in baseball is totally up to him. I will tell you he will be a great person at life.

But back to baseball he has all the tools to be big time! 6’3 200 pounds, throws in the mid to up 80’s good breaking pitch, and oh yea he is a southpaw! Many of pros make big money because they are southpaws, no matter there record. He will go for the brass ring, no doubt about that……… But in the spirit of things if he throws against the Canes I hope we punch his lights out.

Well said Chattacane and I agree with you. Opinions are Opinions and I have mine on several players but in the end it is the Opinion of the next level what counts, not ours.