West Carroll 2013

RegisP90X

Big Season for West Carroll in 2013, Time for the program to take the next step and prove the past 2 seasons weren't just blips on the radar.

We lose a lot 2 members of the All-State team, Tyler Madison and Robert Reynolds, also losing Jamal Glenn QB/DB who's seen major playing time since a freshman and is a 3 yr starter at QB along with favorite target Trell Huff. Also losing very good ineman who've seen major playing time for 2-3 years in Darwin Martinez and Jerry Smith, And big role players in Quenton Dixon and Rory Campbell.

But We return some talent as well

Trey Price will take over at QB in his junior season.

Taylor Shaw and Dalton Weaver will be names to watch, the pair of junior wings have high ceilings and second to none work ethic so I think they will make the transition to starting roles on offense very well.

The Line returns 4 starters Hunter Foster Juan Castenada Michael Huff and Bo Simko who will make the change from tight end to guard, the last spot will probably come down to who wants it more between Senior Garrett Wright and Juniors Chauncey Roberson and Michael Gordon while it seems like Junior Seth Moling will take over the reigns at TE.

The Main Question might be is who is 6'3 180 lb Trey Price going to throw it too?

Sammie Lusk will probably see alot of SE time and look for Weaver and Shaw to get some balls thrown their way.

I think the War Eagles will be fine this year with younger players stepping into roles like Josh Brasher, Moling, Weaver, Price, and Shaw

add that with the return of Jacob Wynn off his 1,100+ yard performance in 2012 the fullback/linebacker looks for a big season in his 4th season starting.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is theres supposed to be a bunch of seniors and juniors who didnt play last year that are playing, some good sized boys too one 6' 220 and another 6'1 225 thats just two i know of Im sure theres more. you get on the WC facebook page?

yeah im starting to hear about some of the new kids coming out for the team, hard to really judge potential of kids you've never seen suit up but I'm very optimistic, and yes i get on the Facebook page, I'm RegisP90X on there too look me up!

I'm going to say a good year for West Carroll if everyone stays healthy, I heard on your facebook you got Humboldt in week 0. I am going to pick you guys to win that one in a upset. You have got a tough schedule but I think it'll lead you to a great things come playoff time when it matters more.

Don't tell the team I'm saying this but I say at least quarterfinals maybe semis maybe final. You got to have luck and skill on the last 2 and keep your head focused though.

Dresden vs West carroll? any thoughts?

I think this year in 1A might be the same as last years to a point just exchange Huntingdon for Dresden. Its going to be a long season tho and I know Humboldt will have something to say about it in the end as well. But from what I hear yal got alot coming back in Dresden so right now I'll even give Dresden the "favorite" tag for what its worth but don't forget you come to us this year. :)

Both good teams should be close, with the possibility of 2 games. That said if you win Dresden if it is at Dresden no fireworks you will give eagles momentum in 2nd match doing that. Whoever wins the first one might not win 2nd time.

yeah kerm right on the money! hard to beat a good team twice, we got that memo the hard way :/

Should be some good games in the black and blue district this year. Really see some good games. Everyone in our district will be tough. I'm really liking the fireworks especially because the other teams hate it so much. Lol like a big rebel head that sucks athletism out of the players......

Should be some good games in the black and blue district this year. Really see some good games. Everyone in our district will be tough. I'm really liking the fireworks especially because the other teams hate it so much. Lol like a big rebel head that sucks athletism out of the players......

question is....does it suck the athleticism out of McKenzie...or strengthen others?