District 9A

ballkid

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel as if 9A will be wide open this year. With Moore County and Community probably being the favorites I would have to say. Eagleville and Cascade both lost A LOT, with both losing basically all of their pitching, they will be very weak. In Eagleville's case, they lost every starter and probably their top 6 pitchers. A run back to state for them is very unlikely but hey you never know, thats why you play the game. They lost their core that they ran with for the past 4 seasons with with Smith, Boyett, etc... Also losing a coach like Coach Moore will hurt them too, but I know that they got a good one in Holland. Cascade lost plenty as well. All that being said, I do believe that Moore County and Community return the most talent this year and if Grissom is healthy, watch out for Community this year. I also believe that Eagleville could catch some teams off guard in the district as well.

Community beat Smyrna 7-1 tonight at Smyrna. Community scored 7 runs on 7 hits while Smyrna scored 1run on 3 hits. Frost pitched the entire game throwing only 86 pitches. Nice way for the Vikings to start their season. They travel to Page on Thursday for a 6 o'clock start.