AAA Sub-State Predictions

PJM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 years ago Maryville got beat at Powell in the region championship. Maryville lost by 19 points. Maryville traveled to Science Hill and won. Maryville went on to win the state title in dramatic fashion. I sure would love to see history repeat itself.

That year was very boring........and lucky for Maryville. It will not happen this year.

6 years ago Maryville got beat at Powell in the region championship. Maryville lost by 19 points. Maryville traveled to Science Hill and won. Maryville went on to win the state title in dramatic fashion. I sure would love to see history repeat itself.

Better take your "A Game" to Johnson City Monday Night if you want a repeat of 6 years ago. Maryville will need to limit turnovers and defend the 3 point line to get this win.

Better take your "A Game" to Johnson City Monday Night if you want a repeat of 6 years ago. Maryville will need to limit turnovers and defend the 3 point line to get this win.

Realistically I know Maryville needs their A game to beat Science Hill. I hope Maryville wins but wouldn't be shocked if they got beat.

That year was very boring........and lucky for Maryville. It will not happen this year.

Lucky? You don't get "lucky" and win state...Give credit where it is due...Just because they aren't a Memphis team and they are from the East doesn't mean they don't deserve credit for winning that year. Take your "lucky" crap elsewhere.

Lucky? You don't get "lucky" and win state...Give credit where it is due...Just because they aren't a Memphis team and they are from the East doesn't mean they don't deserve credit for winning that year. Take your "lucky" crap elsewhere.

I agree Sweetscience. The Late Aaron Douglas was an absolute monster in the Tourney that year. Tyler Maples was a lockdown defender that year. Maryville had 3 very good guards in Lambert,Damron and Click. Maryville also had a great 1 on 1 player in Kent Basile. Maryville also had some quality big men to go with Douglas. I remember Rodney Nelson telling people before he was fired that he thought the 2006-07 team had a chance to make the TSSAA Tourney. I remember the next year your Oak Ridge Wildcats ended Maryville's season at Bearden.

I agree Sweetscience. The Late Aaron Douglas was an absolute monster in the Tourney that year. Tyler Maples was a lockdown defender that year. Maryville had 3 very good guards in Lambert,Damron and Click. Maryville also had a great 1 on 1 player in Kent Basile. Maryville also had some quality big men to go with Douglas. I remember Rodney Nelson telling people before he was fired that he thought the 2006-07 team had a chance to make the TSSAA Tourney. I remember the next year your Oak Ridge Wildcats ended Maryville's season at Bearden.

Exactly, Ron...Maryville had a lot of talent that year..Memphis folks and other biased folks just don't like to admit that they got beaten by a team from Eastern Tennessee....You don't just fall into a state title. You still have to beat the opponents put in front of you. No matter what anybody says, Maryville Rebels were state champs that year. Deal with it. Not the first time i have heard people say they got "lucky" irks me.

They got lucky.......Period. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.....The leprechaun will not be back this year. B)