AA State Tourney

dctiger

8-AA needs a new gold ball somewhere.

They'll have one. Probably a silver, too. One thing I can bet you, the only West TN team to worry about is Westview. Yes, you can sleep on Covington. Then come to Middle TN. Worry about Cannon, Livingston, Macon. Winner is one of those four, but again I'll say Livingston/Cannon finals.

<p>

question how do u see Macon defending covingtons bigs that run an shoot like guards. Not including their quick guards.

Macon will have to be a good ball handling team to beat them. Their full court pressure is relentless. They play very physical. Tell your girls to be physical with them. They push and hand check religiously. Their down low game is phenominal. Their outside game is hit and miss. If they are hitting threes, they will be tough to beat. If I was Macon, I would play a match-up zone or an extended two three zone. They are very tall and athletic. If I am correct, Macon had a good young point guard in 2011. She handled Manassas's pressure pretty well. Westview is the only team that has beaten Covington this year. Great team, but new to the Boro.

<p>

They'll have one. Probably a silver, too. One thing I can bet you, the only West TN team to worry about is Westview. Yes, you can sleep on Covington. Then come to Middle TN. Worry about Cannon, Livingston, Macon. Winner is one of those four, but again I'll say Livingston/Cannon finals.

You don't sleep on Covington. They are really good, but new to the Boro. They played Dyersburg 4 times, Westview 4 times, Obion twice, and Gibson County twice, and only lost to Westview 1 time. Very solid.

<p>Macon will have to be a good ball handling team to beat them. Their full court pressure is relentless. They play very physical. Tell your girls to be physical with them. They push and hand check religiously. Their down low game is phenominal. Their outside game is hit and miss. If they are hitting threes, they will be tough to beat. If I was Macon, I would play a match-up zone or an extended two three zone. They are very tall and athletic. If I am correct, Macon had a good young point guard in 2011. She handled Manassas's pressure pretty well. Westview is the only team that has beaten Covington this year. Great team, but new to the Boro.

That's Covington Keys What about Macon. Are they good inside and out. I think Covington will be hard to beat along with Westview. They pretty much play on the same style. They tell me that Macon has no bigs just guards only.

<p>You don't sleep on Covington. They are really good, but new to the Boro. They played Dyersburg 4 times, Westview 4 times, Obion twice, and Gibson County twice, and only lost to Westview 1 time. Very solid.

If Covington plays solid like they been playing I look for them to win it all. Westview beat them that one time cause their key guard was out with a concussion. They are gonna be tuff to beat. Only they can beat themselves. They have a great coach as well as players gonna be very interesting.

<p>

That's Covington Keys What about Macon. Are they good inside and out. I think Covington will be hard to beat along with Westview. They pretty much play on the same style. They tell me that Macon has no bigs just guards only.

I seen Macon play three times in the state two years ago. They had a really good point guard that was a Sophomore in 2011 and then they had some big-bodies down low. But I heard the same that their a guard oriented team. If I am Covington, I get the ball to the low post early and often. They will start sagging and that's when I let the low post feed the guards for uncontested threes. On paper, this doesn't look like a good match-up for Macon if they are a guard oriented team. Because Covington is as quick as they are tall.

<p> I seen Macon play three times in the state two years ago. They had a really good point guard that was a Sophomore in 2011 and then they had some big-bodies down low. But I heard the same that their a guard oriented team. If I am Covington, I get the ball to the low post early and often. They will start sagging and that's when I let the low post feed the guards for uncontested threes. On paper, this doesn't look like a good match-up for Macon if they are a guard oriented team. Because Covington is as quick as they are tall.

Mr pioneer u seen to be a pretty smart man. Who do u predict to win between these two.

i dont know what the fuss is in middle tn, but coming from a small town in west tn that has 6 state champoinships, 13AA has by far the best girls teams i've seen all year. four of their teams all had 20+ wins, all beat up on each other all season, and 2 survived to make the state tourney. don't overlook westview or covington....they can both play some ball

Westview vs Elizabethton

CPA vs LA

Macon County vs Covington

Cannon County vs CAK

Thoughts?

Having only seen 3 of these the cyrstal ball may may a little fuzzy.

• Westview over Elizabethton- Etown is good but the loss of point guard earlier in year really hurt. plus they haven't played an away game since January.
  • LA over CPA- LA, no superstars but all know the game and are well coached. Maybe the closest opening game.
  • Macon Co over Covington- Only because there's a movie or song macon County Line.
  • CAK over Cannon- CAK plays a tough zone putting 6'6 post in middle they won their last 3 games from teams that were not patient enough to get open looks and mistakenly thought they should challenge the interior. I'll change my pick if Cannon presses whole game. CAK has no bench.

Will pick semi after 1st round ( I usually miss half my picks) !

Having only seen 3 of these the cyrstal ball may may a little fuzzy.

• Westview over Elizabethton- Etown is good but the loss of point guard earlier in year really hurt. plus they haven't played an away game since January.
  • LA over CPA- LA, no superstars but all know the game and are well coached. Maybe the closest opening game.
  • Macon Co over Covington- Only because there's a movie or song macon County Line.
  • CAK over Cannon- CAK plays a tough zone putting 6'6 post in middle they won their last 3 games from teams that were not patient enough to get open looks and mistakenly thought they should challenge the interior. I'll change my pick if Cannon presses whole game. CAK has no bench.

Will pick semi after 1st round ( I usually miss half my picks) !

. I see one thing that u have wrong. Covington gonna beat Macon. Thumbs down. Covington will win it all remember I told u first.