AA State Tourney

dctiger

High d1? So were talking Lady Vols, Uconn, Baylor...etc??

Hammaker is at that level. I spoke to one of the Georgia coaches about her earlier this week. She averaged 18 ppg as an All-state 8th grader. Won a state title and was All-state in WV as a freshman. Hooper is probably not at that highest level but she's a very athletic 6'6" that will have plenty of D1 options that may evolve into an elite level player.

A little early to tell isnt it NotThatItMatters? You an expert on recruiting?.....why do you think they are not or why would they be?....Just no? Give us your opinion.

No recruiting expert, just a personal opinion. Athleticism plays a big role in the recruitment of student-athletes to the TN's, UCONN's, Baylor's, ND's of the collegiate world. Although both of these girls are very good players and I'm sure they will have their education paid for at the collegiate level as well, I do not believe either one of them has the athleticism to play for schools like the ones mentioned. MTSU? Yes. (Hammaker doesn't have the skill set and quickness that Jackie Pickel had and this is where she played). Tennessee Tech? Yes. UT Martin? Yes. (Masengil was 2x the player Hammaker is her sophomore year). Maybe even a lower level SEC school. Even a Georgia or Florida. But if we're talking about the big time programs, (TN, UCONN, Baylor) I just don't believe either will be big time players in programs like that. Might they go there? Sure. Might they be an All-American or even 1-2 year starter at those schools? That is doubtful. IMO, that athleticism factor can be seen at an early age. It's there, or it isn't. I hope both of these young ladies prove me wrong, just giving my two cents.

Thank you for your opinion........Not having Jackie Pickels skill set......Alot of people on a national level disagree with you. Massengill being two times the player Hammaker is .....well a stretch at best. Hammaker allready has offers higher than you would put her.

I could never see Massengill putting up 30 on a state number 1 as an 8th grader like Hammaker did.

I appreciate you answering but the players your using to compare just do not. Compare that is

Thank you for your opinion........Not having Jackie Pickels skill set......Alot of people on a national level disagree with you. Massengill being two times the player Hammaker is .....well a stretch at best. Hammaker allready has offers higher than you would put her.

I could never see Massengill putting up 30 on a state number 1 as an 8th grader like Hammaker did.

I appreciate you answering but the players your using to compare just do not. Compare that is

How many time has Masengil been a Miss Basketball finalist? 3 right? Hmm. Just wondering.

I'm assuming these offers came when said player made an unoffical visit to the college campus or contacted the coach at their own expense? They weren't ever directly contacted by the coach, right? Or any part of the coaching staff? Otherwise, if a school contacted her to "offer her" it would be against NCAA rules, since she is a sophomore and all and it's not after June 15th of her sophomore year. And I don't assume you're talking about NAIA schools like TN, UCONN, and Baylor, right?

The reply I expected...Mcminn fan much? The scenario you just mentioned could be said of anyone being considered so there is no way to answer you.

Just wondering where the contact was made between player and the universities you say all these offers are coming from. Was it at an AAU tourney? A high school game? Because that's illegal as well.

How many time has Masengil been a Miss Basketball finalist? 3 right? Hmm. Just wondering.

I'm assuming these offers came when said player made an unoffical visit to the college campus or contacted the coach at their own expense? They weren't ever directly contacted by the coach, right? Or any part of the coaching staff? Otherwise, if a school contacted her to "offer her" it would be against NCAA rules, since she is a sophomore and all and it's not after June 15th of her sophomore year. And I don't assume you're talking about NAIA schools like TN, UCONN, and Baylor, right?

Considering she's been invited to Elite Camps at most of the SEC schools (starting with Auburn as an 8th grader) I would say she meets a pretty high criteria. MTSU has been in contact with her since she was in 8th grade. She's generated plenty of interest from big programs. Funny you mentioned Georgia as a second tier program since they're ranked 12th right now and they are definitiely interested. Look at the football recruiting where Alabama and LSU have already "offered" an 8th grader. I'm sure the compliance people at all these schools know what can and can't occur. Edited by IrishBBall