Class AAA substate upsets?

bears42

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only had to beat one of those teams at Sub-State to advance to State. Sometimes getting hot is better than being a better overall team. Kemba Walker and UCONN for example? Also upsets happen as well.

This is true, but everyone of those teams earned there championships..I just dont like hearing people downplay a championship team..I have heard it for years said about the 2007 Maryville Rebels...Well, they still won, whether they were the best team that year or not. Isn't there fault they were state champs and that nobody could beat them and the other teams that would have maybe got beat themselves..Just irrelevant to me.

I know, but obviously they had to beat the teams that were supposedly better than them to get there. If they were "better" as you say they would've beaten Craigmont...

Not necessary in Memphis. It's three AAA districts here. Their in the one district that meets up with the Dyer County district for their Region. So that year they avoided the much tougher district/region and somehow won the their substate game. Once in the Boro it was money in the bank

Not necessary in Memphis. It's three AAA districts here. Their in the one district that meets up with the Dyer County district for their Region. So that year they avoided the much tougher district/region and somehow won the their substate game. Once in the Boro it was money in the bank

Gotcha...Well, they still won..I hate to downplay a team that sins state, but that's just how i am..they earned it on the court.

This is true, but everyone of those teams earned there championships..I just dont like hearing people downplay a championship team..I have heard it for years said about the 2007 Maryville Rebels...Well, they still won, whether they were the best team that year or not. Isn't there fault they were state champs and that nobody could beat them and the other teams that would have maybe got beat themselves..Just irrelevant to me.

Yes they earned it...nobody lays down and let the other team win. That's just basketball dude..the "best" team don't always win. Doesn't mean you take anything from the team that won

Agree with you wholeheartedly...

what about those CATS!!! I told u back in October to make those reservations, but you told me not to get too excited and blah, blah, blah!! Lol. You could've always cancelled them, now you have to sleep in a dive out there. Lol. Congrats man, it's been a fun year in district 3AAA. Proud to have you guys represent us. Now just go win this thing!!!!!