David Lipscomb

Guest ruby27

Are they going to have a good team this year? I know they still have their good pitcher but I heard that they lost 4-5 players last year to graduation and was just wondering if they have anything other than their pitcher.

In watching Lipscomb last year, there were 3-4 players (non-seniors) who could already hit the ball out of the park(one was a freshman, Libby Manning). Yes, Rhodes is one of the top pitchers in the state (a junior). And, they also have another pitcher, Christine Davis, who is one to watch

• 1 month later...

David Lipscomb has one of the best one-two punches in Middle TN in Meghan Rhodes (obviously) and young Christine Davis - remember she was 9-1 last year as an 8th grader and she pitched some very impressive games against some impressive competition. Impressive toughness for such a young player with a no-hitter against Clarksville and an impressive win against Ezell-Harding. Both girls are a pleasure to watch!

I've known Christine for about 10 years now. She is a wonderful kid. Her parents are great also. You are right this will be one of the toughest tandems in the state as far as pitching is concerned. I hope that Christine gets the chance to show what she is truly capable of...

Although, I also have to toot on the horn for BEECH's Tandem.

Cassie Stanfill & Amy Chatham.

There is not a team in the state that either one of these girls couldn't start for.

Hey, I am not trying to make excuses for losing to Lipscomb or anything, b/c they are a good team, and that 8th grade pitcher last year was very good fo rher age, but it was our 5th game of the day, and junior/senior banquet was the night before, so they were all dead. She did pitch a good game, and I was only a sophomore, so the banquet thing doesn't apply if I did bad.

I was there at the Franklin Tourn to watch primarily Ezell, Goodpasture,David Lipscomb,and Riverdale for I know alot of the players that play on these teams. I have the greatest respect for you EzellSoftballO4 for you are a super softball player that I know works hard and who I believe is going to be very significant leader for the Ezell team this coming spring. I do know that the Ezell junior/senior banquet was the night before, However, I do know that the 8th grade pitcher pitched a complete game Thurs night, a complete no hit game against Clarksville Friday night, and pitched in all 4 games behind Megan Rhodes between 2-4 innings before she faced Ezell Harding in the final Sat.. I was very impressed with this 8th graders mental toughness. Good luck to you and Ezell this spring. I feel it will come down to you and Goodpasture.

[Edited by milo123 on 12-7-02 11:51P]