Game not on tv

vol4u

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.I am glad that what ever the problem with PBS and the broadcast of the AAA championship was fixed so that the other games were on. I decided to call the 800 number that PBS was showing asking for donations just to see why they didn't have the game on. The nice lady said that was a problem to take up with my local channel. When I told her it was a state wide problem , she didn't know anything about it. I told her it was great that they covered the championships, but if they were asking for donations for a show I wasn't able to watch, that the $3.95 I paid to see it online was a bargain, compaired to the suggested donation of $100 to honor my senior.

A little Clarification for you folks on here who were PBS bashing. Know your facts before you post something stupid. Play On Sports is in charge of the Production of the TSSAA basketball games and thus, the feed to the PBS stations. The problem was on Play On Sports end and NOT the PBS stations who were ready, competant and able to carry the feeds. It comes down to Transponder numbers, coordinates, etc. and Play On Sports had brought in a Free Lance person to do those tasks which DID NOT get completed. So- AGAIN, the problem was NOT on the end of the PBS stations who by the way, have not had a problem carrying these games as well as the football Championships for the past several years. The problem was on the folks who provided the feed from the tournament site.

Hope this clears up things for ya. B)