CPA - Division II?

Guest AllBlue

Guest AllBlue

Serious questions. I noticed a few teams in the Division I tourney that are private schools. Why aren't teams like CPA in Division II? What is the deciding factor? How would a school like CPA (boys and girls) fare if they were in the Div II tourney? No flames please. New to boards and curious. Thanks.

Serious questions. I noticed a few teams in the Division I tourney that are private schools. Why aren't teams like CPA in Division II? What is the deciding factor? How would a school like CPA (boys and girls) fare if they were in the Div II tourney? No flames please. New to boards and curious. Thanks.

cpa boys would win it! they beat ensworth this year by 6 i believe, the girls though would probably not they lost to ensworth by like 10 or something

A better question is why would a private school want to play against the public schools! Then the debate would be over. Its kinda like Barry Bonds lol, there should be an **next to their name. Steroids, recruiting, financial aid, parental job placement, its all the same! If they are as great as advertised why not play on a National schedule so they can really get reconized! Im sure the BOOSTERS can cover the cost.

• Upvote 1

A better question is why would a private school want to play against the public schools! Then the debate would be over. Its kinda like Barry Bonds lol, there should be an **next to their name. Steroids, recruiting, financial aid, parental job placement, its all the same! If they are as great as advertised why not play on a National schedule so they can really get reconized! Im sure the BOOSTERS can cover the cost.

You are clueless.

Speaking of Barry Bonds, his nephew is CPA's point gaurd!

CPA claims they don't give kids any financial aid. That's the reason they are still public. Give em credit though, they recruit very well. I've heard from multiple people that Lindsey lives in Murfreesboro, Ausmiller lives in Franklin, and another player came from Greeneville. But they are a Public school guys, nothing out of the ordinary going on here. Lol

If I were associated with CPA I'm not sure Division II would be all that exciting. There aren't even a dozen teams in the entire state in the large school classification. None of the teams were really that good this year - including Ensworth, and frankly the division wasn't that good last year. I'd like to see CPA venture out and play Blackmon, one of the Memphis schools, etc - teams like that.