CPA - Division II?

Guest AllBlue

Good point. I was literally shocked at how few schools played in the big school Div 2... If I remember correctly Brentwood beat Ensworth this year, and prolly will go out in the first round to Blackman.

Ensworth also lost both times they played Gabriel Christian. One of the losses by 20 points. DeKalb played GC three times and beat them by double digits every time except the first meeting. One of DC's wins over GC was by 40 points. D2 doesn't seem that strong, IMO.

If I were associated with CPA I'm not sure Division II would be all that exciting. There aren't even a dozen teams in the entire state in the large school classification. None of the teams were really that good this year - including Ensworth, and frankly the division wasn't that good last year. I'd like to see CPA venture out and play Blackmon, one of the Memphis schools, etc - teams like that.

They played in 2 holiday tourneys last year and this year that had several nationally ranked teams in them that were much better than Blackmon and most Memphis schools. They won 2 of those 4 tourneys. They beat Brentwood at Brentwood earlier in the year and Ensworth at home. They don't run from great competition.

They played in 2 holiday tourneys last year and this year that had several nationally ranked teams in them that were much better than Blackmon and most Memphis schools. They won 2 of those 4 tourneys. They beat Brentwood at Brentwood earlier in the year and Ensworth at home. They don't run from great competition.

Yep, I'm familiar with CPA's competition, including the out of state tournaments. It's hard not to be when we're constantly reminded that they have their winning streak over Tennessee teams. I agree that they don't duck competition, I just think for the spectating public it would be preferable for them to play some of the better AAA teams in Tennessee (as opposed to Brentwood during football season). It was great to watch them play Poythress last year, for example. They have a special collection of players for another year. Why not go to a tournament with Southwind, White Station, et al and still get to play the Oak Hills, Montraverdes, etc. A little off the topic from my earlier post, but just my two cents.

Lindsey lives in Franklin and has for some time.

Interesting.. What middle school did Lindsey attend in Franklin? I think you are referring to Ausmiller. Lindsey may have recently moved to franklin but he lived in Murfreesboro. Either way he isn't zoned for CPA.. Oh that's right, they have an open zone which stretches for hundreds of miles lol

Lindsey lives in Franklin and has for some time.

Interesting.. What middle school did Lindsey attend in Franklin? I think you are referring to Ausmiller. Lindsey may have recently moved to franklin but he lived in Murfreesboro up until he was at least a soph. Either way he isn't zoned for CPA.. Oh that's right, they have an open zone which stretches for hundreds of miles lol