Predictions for 5AAA

Butcher72

The transfer from Soddy the plays QB for Bradley could very possible be the most "athletic" in the district. He has a good arm but is VERY mobile and can make some plays. Will be interesting to see him play with some better talent around him!

He isn't as mobile as Copeland. Copeland had trouble running in the district last year with a lot more talent than the Standifer kid will have this year. If he is going to run around in this district, he better be ready to take a lot of shots.

If you want to win in 5AAA, you have to be able to throw from the pocket. Being mobile is great, but this kid isn't as mobile as you're making him out to be.

He did get plenty of exercise running for his life and taking a beating last year. Not sure it's fair to crown him the most athletic, especially given the remaining talent in 5AAA. Is it already assumed he'll inherit the starting job at Bradley? I think they have at least two experienced QB's already on the roster who might challenge that assumption.

The numbers for Hunter Moore aren't correct. He threw for well over 1500+ yards (the EH website says 1577 yards) in an offense with a 1,600 yard rusher and two 600+ yard rushers. Moore also had 164 yards rushing and 6 rushing touchdowns according to the website (that number seems low though). But suffice it to say that the numbers you have provided are not correct.

I saw Standifer play on three occasions (vs. Red Bank, Baylor, and Bradley Central), a lot of those passing yards came in trash time.

The numbers for Hunter Moore aren't correct. He threw for well over 1500+ yards (the EH website says 1577 yards) in an offense with a 1,600 yard rusher and two 600+ yard rushers. Moore also had 164 yards rushing and 6 rushing touchdowns according to the website (that number seems low though). But suffice it to say that the numbers you have provided are not correct.

I saw Standifer play on three occasions (vs. Red Bank, Baylor, and Bradley Central), a lot of those passing yards came in trash time.

Wow!! I am not on any side here. Didnt mean to get you all upset. I was just trying to provide some stats. For some reason you really like Moore and dont like Standifer. I would like to get back to discussing the district and not downing kids. Which is all you have done when it comes to the Standifer kid. Not sure what your problem is? Nobody is on here downing kids besides you.

Anyway if the rumor of a certain RB from South Pitt moving to East Ham is true that has to make them the favorite to win the district. Any word on the truth of this rumor?

Wow!! I am not on any side here. Didnt mean to get you all upset. I was just trying to provide some stats. For some reason you really like Moore and dont like Standifer. I would like to get back to discussing the district and not downing kids. Which is all you have done when it comes to the Standifer kid. Not sure what your problem is? Nobody is on here downing kids besides you.

Anyway if the rumor of a certain RB from South Pitt moving to East Ham is true that has to make them the favorite to win the district. Any word on the truth of this rumor?

You've got it all wrong. I'm not upset. I just know the stats you provided for Moore aren't correct. I like both kids. I think Standifer has a lot of talent Both of those kids are friends. I'm not trying to down the kid. I'm just talking about the facts and being realistic.

I have seen Standifer play. I have observed that he is not as mobile as everyone is making him out to be and a lot of those passing yards came when the game was already lost for Soddy. It's a lot easier throwing the ball against the 2nd and 3rd team defense. He will have to prove his worth against top-tier defenses. I'm not saying he will or he won't, but he hasn't thus far and only time will tell if he can be named with those proven 5AAA QB's. What part about any of that could be considered "downing" him? I've seen him play. I'm stating the facts as I've observed them. He has great potential and he might be a world-beater this year, but he hasn't proven it like those other kids have. Since when did telling the truth turn into "downing" kids?

I'd say that is just a rumor at this point. I'm sure a lot of rumors are flying around South Pitt since their coach left. Players are probably looking to transfer because so much is unknown at this point.

Edited by biscuits4breakfast