CPA vs. JACKSON SOUTHSIDE AA CHAMPIONSHIP

WestTNtopReporter

It's 54-35 at the end of the 3rd son! Real basketball is played in Middle-TN this year. CPA, East Nashville, Cheatham County, Spring Hill, Giles County, Livingston Academy, DeKalb County, and Waverly = the best basketball "all around" in the state!

14-AA just got punked! You did too by me boy!

West-TN's run in AA is over baby. Real basketball is played in Middle-TN and don't you forget it.

dang dude, like wtf is wrong..chill out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he is clumsy at times, but name me a 6'7'' Freshman that has better ball handling.

Howard had a 6'6" freshmen last year and it took him a while as well to come around... Black well will be very dominant by next year and his final 2 years he will be unguardable

Guest AllBlue

I like to refer to these mop up guys as "full payers"

ha! Well is probably the correct term. Those are the players the student section actually knows I'm guessing.

The freshman kid for CPA is the real deal, anybody that say's otherwise just isn't being honest or is blinded by the hate for CPA. Kid is one of the best freshman in the country, probably top 10 right now for his class. The kids game is already advance beyond his age.

Edited by yankees8589

The freshman kid for CPA is the real deal, anybody that say's otherwise just isn't being honest or is blinded by the hate for CPA. Kid is one of the best freshman in the country, probably top 10 right now for his class. The kids game is already advance beyond his age.

I think you mean he is advanced beyond his grade, as opposed to beyond his age. And yes he is the real deal. Will be a better college player than Lindsey in my opinion

It's 54-35 at the end of the 3rd son! Real basketball is played in Middle-TN this year. CPA, East Nashville, Cheatham County, Spring Hill, Giles County, Livingston Academy, DeKalb County, and Waverly = the best basketball "all around" in the state!

14-AA just got punked! You did too by me boy!

West-TN's run in AA is over baby. Real basketball is played in Middle-TN and don't you forget it.

Looks like that foursome turned out to be the best sectional group in the state. I think Cheatham and Spring Hill were just as good as anybody in the field other than CPA (and maybe JSS). I bet if you ask Maddux the toughest team they played in the playoffs, it would be Spring Hill, and not any of the 3 teams he played in the tourney.

Not trying to take anything away from JSS because they had a great season, but I am still a little surprised that anyone who actually saw the two teams play, even in the first 2 rounds would have picked JSS. I guess chalk it up to loyal fans, but JSS did not match up physically (CPA was bigger and stronger overall) and regardless of how much quickness and athleticsm they have, to beat CPA you better be able to match up physically because they have enough quickness and athleticism themselves. Trying to score over Lindsey and Blackwell is too tough if you don't match up physically. If you can't win the battle of the paint, your chances are extremely slim. Offensively, they have too many weapons whether it is throwing it up to the basket or hitting the big 3 and enough of them are always going to be on to score plenty of points.

There is such a small margin of error, almost everything has to go perfect. Surprisingly, I thought the officials did a good job, on replay they had it right almost every time. The only one that I saw missed was in 3rd qtr. when charge was called and it was a block on Lindsey. At the time JSS was down 10 and JSS needed it to go their way. I did think it was strange when JSS regained some momentum and cut it to 10 again, it was JSS who called the time-out after scoring on a fast break. CPA re-grouped, Allsmiller hits the two 3's and suddenly it is 16 and game over. Why not see how far the momentum could take you in that situation still down 10? But most likely CPA is going to wear you down offensively and/or defensively which is what happens when you have the most physically, giftedly talented team. Due to the uniqueness of this situation, it is not really comparing apples to apples, which you may not realize until you see them play.