D. Maddux to DLU?

BigENS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there will be CPA parents thrilled to hear a coach who brings in his own AAU team is making that much money. Especially considering recent tuition increases. Unless of course other staff members with equal numbers of years are making comparable pay.

It won't cost you a thing so don't worry about it.

It won't cost you a thing so don't worry about it.

True, but I have friends who it costs. And contrary to popular opinion, not everyone can just write a check, some parents work more than one job to pay for Christian school. Again, though, if that is in line with the entire staff salaries, I'm ok with it.

BTW, what did your daughter say about Coach M. offering rides to school to help out a single mom, while she was trying to move closer to the school?

True, but I have friends who it costs. And contrary to popular opinion, not everyone can just write a check, some parents work more than one job to pay for Christian school. Again, though, if that is in line with the entire staff salaries, I'm ok with it.

BTW, what did your daughter say about Coach M. offering rides to school to help out a single mom, while she was trying to move closer to the school?

She said to worry about your own world and stay out of others. Not really.....that was me. I only ask her relevant stuff.

The Lipscomb job is a unique job. The church background almost guarantees that it has to have someone with a unique knowledge of the university. Maddux has that knowledge, great AAU contacts, great media contacts and to no small degree the ability to coach. He makes sense for a strong look at the position. He is not going to stay at CPA forever. He is probably not going to go straight to a major and Lipscomb makes the most sense as a stepping stone. He wouldn't have to move his family and he could hit the ground running on rebuilding that program. He has way more personality than Ricky Bowers and would probably add a lot in terms of putting butts in seats.

The same things that make him appealing to a Lipscomb is what draws so much fire from the non private supporters. It works in college but not in high school. They have compliance people in college and they actually try to do their jobs unlike the people (tssaa) who set back and wait for any indisputable evidence to appear.