District 6AA (Chatt.Central is the real deal)

bigbaddude

The Pounders from Central are 21-5 on the year . They have Won 10 straight. Have a undefeated district showdown with E. Hamilton next Mon and Tues. Great bunch of kids that work hard and get along with each other and its showing. Very deep pitching staff. Coach Carter has done a great job directing these guys in the right direction. Good luck coach, and boys. GO GET EM

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville 12 East Hamilton 6. / Cookeville 11 Chattanooga central 3

Yes speaks volumes....... Let me spell this out AGAIN I am a East Ham guy.... East Ham record is 20-10, very good, but if you break it down we are 12-0 in the district and 8-10 outside of the district. 6AA is not a very good district this year, Red Bank is down, East Ham is a avg team (young very young) Central is the class of the district and is just above avg outside of the district. Tyner is improved and so is Hixson but both are below avg. East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd are bad very bad. I will go out on a limb here no team from this district will win the state championship, Central might make it to Murfeesboro. In a nut slell all of Chattanooga baseball is below avg. McCallie and Baylor are good teams but not great.

Yes speaks volumes....... Let me spell this out AGAIN I am a East Ham guy.... East Ham record is 20-10, very good, but if you break it down we are 12-0 in the district and 8-10 outside of the district. 6AA is not a very good district this year, Red Bank is down, East Ham is a avg team (young very young) Central is the class of the district and is just above avg outside of the district. Tyner is improved and so is Hixson but both are below avg. East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd are bad very bad. I will go out on a limb here no team from this district will win the state championship, Central might make it to Murfeesboro. In a nut slell all of Chattanooga baseball is below avg. McCallie and Baylor are good teams but not great.

A little harsh, but I know you're just trying to make a point. From a Coach new to the area, the top teams are decent clubs but the dropoff is very noticeable, so records can be skewed. IMO East Hamilton is an above average baseball team and Central is a very good baseball team, so I would give the edge to Central but the Canes can beat them if they play well. I think both can, if they play well, make it to the Boro, but to win a state championship you must have an excellent club and these two probably come up a little short in that regards. I do not think Baylor and McCallie are the best teams in Chattanooga, just the most hyped. They are solid above average clubs, but are just two of 10 teams that have a chance to win playoff games and go deep ih the playoffs from the Chattanooga area. Good Luck tonight to both teams, it should be a great series!!

The Pounders from Central are 21-5 on the year . They have Won 10 straight. Have a undefeated district showdown with E. Hamilton next Mon and Tues. Great bunch of kids that work hard and get along with each other and its showing. Very deep pitching staff. Coach Carter has done a great job directing these guys in the right direction. Good luck coach, and boys. GO GET EM

Central is greatly improved this year. I have a question, how often do those boys practice? We all now that practicing and getting better is the key........

McCallie and Baylor are from top to bottom better than everyone in Chattanooga (as well they should be).

I gave the Naders and Red Raiders there props they are IMO the best clubs in town. But top to bottom better then anyone else? Don’t think so there at least 3 or 4 players on that team that would not start at East Ham or Central……. Heck 2 of them would not start at Red Bank.

I gave the Naders and Red Raiders there props they are IMO the best clubs in town. But top to bottom better then anyone else? Don’t think so there at least 3 or 4 players on that team that would not start at East Ham or Central……. Heck 2 of them would not start at Red Bank.

But they are the 2 best teams in Chattanooga area, McCallie the best.