Scrimmages!

We posters get on here and fuss, brag, make fun of and put down teams, but it is all in jest. It is totally different when a poster, family membrer or friend has some type illness, injury or unfortunitate situation occur. It is obvious your love for Westmorland and you promote them as good as any poster promotes their school. We ALL pray for your son to heal properly and get back in action just as soon as he is ready to return. To you and your wife we hope that your son fully recovers.

Thanks again, as for the fussing and bickering....probably wouldn't be as much fun if it didn't occur a little. I'm glad you notice my enthusiasm for Motown football. Iv always been close to the program, but this bunch is of course a little more special because they are my sons friends. I coached some of the kids in PeeWee and have looked forward to this junior year for a while. Not saying he would have for sure been a starter, but about 90 percent sure he would have started. He started 1 game last year early in the season and played the entire game at D tackle as a sophomore. All that being said, the team will still be coming to the my house every Thursday before the games God willing. Iv always tried to teach my kids to support the team your on if your on the sideline or if your the starting QB. Edited by Mr. Postman1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again, as for the fussing and bickering....probably wouldn't be as much fun if it didn't occur a little. I'm glad you notice my enthusiasm for Motown football. Iv always been close to the program, but this bunch is of course a little more special because they are my sons friends. I coached some of the kids in PeeWee and have looked forward to this junior year for a while. Not saying he would have for sure been a starter, but about 90 percent sure he would have started. He started 1 game last year early in the season and played the entire game at D tackle as a sophomore. All that being said, the team will still be coming to the my house every Thursday before the games God willing. Iv always tried to teach my kids to support the team your on if your on the sideline or if your the starting QB.

Did you say he played Defensive Tackle? No way - he has to play guard and LB !!!!

Did you say he played Defensive Tackle? No way - he has to play guard and LB !!!!

My son is around 6ft or better and weighs close to 230. Sad thing is, he will only be 16 years old the first month of his senior year. He could have been a freshman last year and still not been an old freshman. Hes an honor student though and has always done exceptional in academics so never thought about holding him back till this year after the injury. Unfortunately they won't allow that.

My son is around 6ft or better and weighs close to 230. Sad thing is, he will only be 16 years old the first month of his senior year. He could have been a freshman last year and still not been an old freshman. Hes an honor student though and has always done exceptional in academics so never thought about holding him back till this year after the injury. Unfortunately they won't allow that.

You are a lovingfather. You and your son are both blessed

how did Motown look tonight I couldn't go see them but would really like to know

All and all I felt Motown done pretty good considering. Ward was out, the starting wing back. D.J. Smith wasn't able to play, starting tailback. Justice Graves, starting QB was out. All that being said, Westmoreland scored first, in the game. This was conducted just like a game I might add. Lebanon finally scored to tie the game in the first half with no time remaining. Westmoreland pulled several of the starters out the second half. Lebanon seemed to really try to win the scrimmage as they left the starters in seemingly the entire game. Finally wound up 24 to 6 Lebanon winning the game but I felt like Motown won the first half and possibly the battle of the first teamers. I was somewhat pleased with our play with as many players as we had sidelined from injuries tonight. Just hoping we heal up before the season starts. On a side note, the Lebanon high facilities were amazing. The new coach over there will have a lot of excitement around that program this year. Edited by Mr. Postman1

All and all I felt Motown done pretty good considering. Ward was out, the starting wing back. D.J. Smith wasn't able to play, starting tailback. Justice Graves, starting QB was out. All that being said, Westmoreland scored first, in the game. This was conducted just like a game I might add. Lebanon finally scored to tie the game in the first half with no time remaining. Westmoreland pulled several of the starters out the second half. Lebanon seemed to really try to win the scrimmage as they left the starters in seemingly the entire game. Finally wound up 24 to 6 Lebanon winning the game but I felt like Motown won the first half and possibly the battle of the first teamers. I was somewhat pleased with our play with as many players as we had sidelined from injuries tonight. Just hoping we heal up before the season starts.

Lebanon has a new staff and scrimmages are very important to them to evaluate kids. It was a well played scrimmage on both sides. The Eagles will be a contender in 9-AA.