Watuaga Valley Conference

Guest BballFreak

welcome back, rolltide. i was wandering if you were hibernating or if you had went to the woods to live deliberately or just what was going on. keeping things nice and stirred up can get to be a chore sometimes, so i am definately glad to see you return to the coacht ranks. i look forward to many good posts and even more good arguments.....

you are right, this season is definitely hard to call. i think it will be late february before we know anything....it will be an exciting year with possibly the most parity we have seen a quite sometime, and that is saying quite a bit because we had great parity last year....

crap, i'm starting to sound like lee corso or something.....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our thread has slipped to an all time low. Were are you hablo, rolltide ddog and others. I hope rolltide that people realize that we have some great kids at Unaka this season. I like this group of kids. They play all out and have a great deal of confidence about them. I agree the conference is up in the air this season. The one thing I like about this group of mighty mites Creekers is that they are gym rats. I am not going to make any predictions at this time other than to say that I think the Rangers are a much different team than this past summer. And Beware, last year they were well below 500 going into Christmas but a good showing at the Arby's and the Hampton tournament really made a big difference. I agree with Roll-tide. Kids that have been role players in the past must step up their game. I think this will be the case with Unaka and Cloudland. Wouldn't it be nice to have the talent that one school has? I just hope the Highlanders hurry up and bring the gold trophy back in football so we can plunge into the roundball season. It should create some excitement on the Coach T Board.

I'm not cracking on Clinch, I respect the job there coach does. And it is surely one of the most unique programs in the state. I was just keeping there name out there so the legacy will live on. Clinch is a vital part of the WVC, and I didn't want to leave the Clinch part of my conversation. In my view, it is better to be mentioned than forgot about.

I have only seen one of their scrimmages so far, but this is what I know so far. The Wildcats will be young, small, and not very deep, as usual. They do have some good three point shooters though. I believe they will try to play up tempo, running the floor & launching 3's. Might be fun to watch even if they don't win alot.

Probable starters: PG Clint Hurd Sr, SG Dustin Scalf, SF Taylor Ferrell, PF Adam Green, C Donnie Bledsoe. Hurd & Scalf will probably lead in scoring.