State West Tennessee A/AA

soccerfreak92

yea JOE23 is right they should be two tough games from R8 I don;t know much from D16 besides the constancy of Kingsbury, those games are on the 14th (when Crockett plays Obion) on the 16thy is the R8 championship. Is Crockett vs Obion still @ Milan?

I Think....You know, in the past it was just a given that D-burg or Westview would end up hosting and both have good fields and infrastructures (bathrooms, concession stands, decent lights). This year with Milan being first seed and being the host has brought to light the problem of acceptable playing surfaces. I hate it for Crockett and Obion but I do not think anything can be done this year. Unless someone acts quickly and Milan allows it to be played, say, at Dyersburg it will stay at Milan. Also, I do not the TSSAA position (if there is one) on poor fields for Regional games. The Milan field (as small and unkempt as it is) DOES meet minimum requirements and they do have lights.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 7 was very tough this year Obion, Crockett, Milan, Dyersburg, South Gibson, Westview, and both Peabody and Covington had strong 2nd halves. I know we at SGC are returning all but 1 starter. What about the other teams?

D-burg is losing 4 starters and most importantly our keeper. We do have a talented group of Freshmen coming in so we will see.

The field made a big difference on the outcome of both region semis because of its unlevel terrain. The ball kept bouncing and like joe23 said, it did not meet the requirements of a full- size soccer field. It would be excellent if the tourney could have been played at dyersburg, as the fields there meet the requirements of a full- size field and a level surface

The field made a big difference on the outcome of both region semis because of its unlevel terrain. The ball kept bouncing and like joe23 said, it did not meet the requirements of a full- size soccer field. It would be excellent if the tourney could have been played at dyersburg, as the fields there meet the requirements of a full- size field and a level surface

the thing that bothered me about the Milan field is that there WAS room to make it bigger. There was plenty of room on the sides and in back to make that field more competitive. As it is the 18 yrd keeper box is like 3 yards from the sideline....pitiful. And any decent keeper just punts it to one another....I really hate minimum requirement fields.

TCA 5-0 over Lexington in District 15 Championship. TCA still undefeated. Play Sheffield on Tuesday at home. If you haven't seen TCA play you are missing a fun team to watch. They have blazing speed at almost every position. 4 players from the SubState basketball team are starters and all have speed. Very young team as well. Sheffield will be a serious challenge and then Kingsbury or Lexington will be a barn burner if they get by Sheffield.

TCA 5-0 over Lexington in District 15 Championship. TCA still undefeated. Play Sheffield on Tuesday at home. If you haven't seen TCA play you are missing a fun team to watch. They have blazing speed at almost every position. 4 players from the SubState basketball team are starters and all have speed. Very young team as well. Sheffield will be a serious challenge and then Kingsbury or Lexington will be a barn burner if they get by Sheffield.

Good for TCA!!! that is awesome! I hope they win over Sheffield.