Rhea County football 2013

RCfan

Well from what I seen in the scrimmage things are looking up for us. I know they are alittle limited on offense learning the new system and all. Meche had a heck of a scrimmage running the ball. I like our backfield we have got some talent with York, Berry, The Patterson Brothers, and so on. The offensive line looked they were getting under the skin of Bradley's D-line with all the post play scraps. Keep it classy Bradley. Defensively got some improving to do. Looks like we are back to a 5-2/3-4 style defense. It will be nice to see guys like Thurman and Cochran back in the line up in the fall.

• 2 months later...

Any thoughts on the Farragut scrimmage?  I thought we got off to a slow start, especially defensively, but shook the cobwebs loose and finished well.  Learning a new defense showed for a while, but was expected during a first scrimmage.  Offensively, I thought the team looked like they have adapted to the new offense quicker that the defense.  We showed the ability to run effectively in the middle (York) as well as to the edges (Pattersons, Berry), and Dotson looked very good with all his passes.  Timing looked pretty good and some of our young recievers show good hands.  Hopefully, we get Jenkins back soon, big body with good hands.  I think we will be much crisper and cleaner in the Tuesday scrimmage.

Any thoughts on the Farragut scrimmage?  I thought we got off to a slow start, especially defensively, but shook the cobwebs loose and finished well.  Learning a new defense showed for a while, but was expected during a first scrimmage.  Offensively, I thought the team looked like they have adapted to the new offense quicker that the defense.  We showed the ability to run effectively in the middle (York) as well as to the edges (Pattersons, Berry), and Dotson looked very good with all his passes.  Timing looked pretty good and some of our young recievers show good hands.  Hopefully, we get Jenkins back soon, big body with good hands.  I think we will be much crisper and cleaner in the Tuesday scrimmage.

Yeah the slow start really hurt , but after the slow start we looked pretty good. The offense is definitely ahead of the defense right now. The kicking game looks promising this year. I was really impressed by Noel Patterson in the scrimmage it looks like he has a bright future ahead of him. The offense in general looks like we are going to be able to put up some points this year. The defense just needs to keep working, They had some bright spots but then there was some areas that need some work. I agree getting Jenkins back would help a lot on both sides of the ball. Farragut looked better this year too. The scrimmage tomorrow is going to be a good test for us. Notre Dame is a very good but young football team returning a lot of players from last year's quarter final team.   

Well from what I seen in the scrimmage things are looking up for us. I know they are alittle limited on offense learning the new system and all. Meche had a heck of a scrimmage running the ball. I like our backfield we have got some talent with York, Berry, The Patterson Brothers, and so on. The offensive line looked they were getting under the skin of Bradley's D-line with all the post play scraps. Keep it classy Bradley. Defensively got some improving to do. Looks like we are back to a 5-2/3-4 style defense. It will be nice to see guys like Thurman and Cochran back in the line up in the fall.

Oh, a Rhea County fan saying for Bradley to keep it classy. Since when? Always has been a slobber knocker so.... :rolleyes: BTW Best of luck in your new district. I'll be watching and rooting for you guys over there.

Edited by alt1958

Notre Dame scrimmage was interesting.  Coaching staff mixed things up a bit defensively looking to put the pieces of the puzzle together.  Although there were still some mistakes made, there were some good things happening.  I think the D-line is coming together, linebackers are getting more comfortable with the 5-2, but still a little shaky in the secondary.  Energy was good and the defense played well after the first series.

Offensively, the one's threw the ball only once, looked like we really wanted to work on more options in our running game this scrimmage.  York was a force at fullback and was very effective in the middle of the field.  Several backs had big yards from the wings, Berry, D. Patterson, Bice, Keylon.  And Dotson was very effective on the QB keepers, I like his patience and confidence in his line.  I felt like our line had their way with the ND D-line all evening.  Offense was very impressive.

Our twos played well also with the exception of several fumbles, gotta protect the ball better.

All in all, really good scrimmage for the Eagles, and once again, good quality competition and sportsmanship by ND.