13 A vs 14 A

When was in middle school (8th grade) Humboldt beat Milan middle 44-6. We were 1-6 that year. As a senior... we went 13-2 and were state champs (mercy ruled Humboldt). Middle school doesn't matter. Lots of things change.

Having said that... I have alot of respect for Reed. I just want to see if he produces results. Also, I agree about spreading the ball out. I just don't think he needs to get carried away. Put the ball in McLilly's hands and let him make plays!!!

The point, I was trying to make was that coach reed has worked with these players before, yes Humboldt did win in Middle School & a lot changes from MS & HS!! Also, McLilly will still get the carries but he will also be utilized in the passing game out on the corner against cornerbacks which will cause a defense to make adjustments!! Humboldt is not big enough nor have the players to just line up and run power football the entire game with one player! Milan has always been a great team with size & depth & Humboldt can't play with Milan for four quarters but Humboldt doesn't have to worry about beating Milan who will play in 3a & Humboldt in 1a so as long as Humboldt don't have any injuries after that game, I wouldn't be upset taking a loss to a good football team which will only make them better against other 1A schools!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point, I was trying to make was that coach reed has worked with these players before, yes Humboldt did win in Middle School & a lot changes from MS & HS!! Also, McLilly will still get the carries but he will also be utilized in the passing game out on the corner against cornerbacks which will cause a defense to make adjustments!! Humboldt is not big enough nor have the players to just line up and run power football the entire game with one player! Milan has always been a great team with size & depth & Humboldt can't play with Milan for four quarters but Humboldt doesn't have to worry about beating Milan who will play in 3a & Humboldt in 1a so as long as Humboldt don't have any injuries after that game, I wouldn't be upset taking a loss to a good football team which will only make them better against other 1A schools!!

I agree with most of what you said. On another note.... this next year will be the year that teams will have a chance to beat us, including Humboldt. I really think you guys have a good chance. You all are bringing back alot and we only have 2 starters returning. We could take our lumps this year.... as long as we are ready for the playoffs. Good luck to you guys in 1A!!!

I agree with most of what you said. On another note.... this next year will be the year that teams will have a chance to beat us, including Humboldt. I really think you guys have a good chance. You all are bringing back alot and we only have 2 starters returning. We could take our lumps this year.... as long as we are ready for the playoffs. Good luck to you guys in 1A!!!

Good luck to Milan as well, Humboldt will have to play great considering we don't have but 40 kids at most playing football! I'm hoping more will come out but you got to play with what you've got! That's why I like the spread offense because the power running game usually get players hurt( ex; McLilly got hurt & didn't play in playoffs) so hopefully we can go injury free with most players going both ways including McLilly!!