Sweetwater Coach

coach1076

Do you not think cops are trained to know the difference between something that is medical and someone that is just plain and simple messed up? Coaches are and should be held to a higher standard. Kids look up to them as role models and mentors. Responsible adults don't put themselves in the situation he has got himself in.

Sanctimonious people are usually prime candidates for a fall. Good luck with yours. Again, you may well be correct, the coach could be guilty, but you don't know. It may be unlikely but there are several medical conditions which COULD mimic alcohol impairment and one doesn't have to look far to find mistakes made by police or even doctors. I understand the " looks, quacks, floats, craps , whatever, like a duck " mentality. All I am suggesting is it may be prudent to wait until you pass final judgment.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanctimonious people are usually prime candidates for a fall. Good luck with yours. Again, you may well be correct, the coach could be guilty, but you don't know. It may be unlikely but there are several medical conditions which COULD mimic alcohol impairment and one doesn't have to look far to find mistakes made by police or even doctors. I understand the " looks, quacks, floats, craps , whatever, like a duck " mentality. All I am suggesting is it may be prudent to wait until you pass final judgment.

well said

They are different than you and I. Well me atleast, I don't teach/coach teenagers. They have to be held in a higher regard. As far as everyone claiming it could be something medical, it's not. Go read the story, "Moser had a strong odor of an intoxicant about his person and red watery eyes, the report said. The arresting officer said he asked Moser if he was drinking, and he stated "no." The report also said Moser refused to perform field sobriety tests". As if that is not enough refusal of field sobriety tests is an admittance of guilt in TN.

They are different than you and I. Well me atleast, I don't teach/coach teenagers. They have to be held in a higher regard. As far as everyone claiming it could be something medical, it's not. Go read the story, "Moser had a strong odor of an intoxicant about his person and red watery eyes, the report said. The arresting officer said he asked Moser if he was drinking, and he stated "no." The report also said Moser refused to perform field sobriety tests". As if that is not enough refusal of field sobriety tests is an admittance of guilt in TN.

I would suggest you trying holding yourself to a higher standard before placing judgement on any individual. "They have to be held in a higher regard"- why? Higher regard than you as a parent? Absolutely not! You don't send your kids to school to be raised by teachers/coaches, you send them to school to learn English, History, Math, Science, Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc...not to raise your child by any one individuals morals or beliefs. That is your job as a parent.

You intrust school personnel to keep your kids safe and out of harms way, and to teach them the subject matter/fundemental's of sports, not what they should or should be doing or believe in. You be your childs role model, don't count on his teacher/coach to be it. It's your job, not their's.

You send kids to school trusting that they will be around good role models that will set good examples. Like it or not that comes with the job. No its not their jobs to be parents but yet we trust their judgement to punish our kids appropriately. While at school teachers/coaches are the parent figure. They have to be responsible.

The sad part about coaching these days is that they are placed under a microscope (fairly or unfairly) and constantly judged and critiqued in all aspects of life by everyone for a measly $40,000 a year. Coaches I know live their lives on egg shells because things not near as serious as what Moser allegedly did can get them fired. God bless the coaches that have to put up with the bs