Oak Ridge football

rallykat

Our play selection early in the playoff game against Maryville was not good. Blade had a tendency to panic and go to the air. When we ran the ball, like we did to open the 3rd quarter, we moved the ball....and kept it out of the hands of their explosive offense. The flip side of that is we had too many guys going both ways, and ran out of steam.

Yes, i can agree with those points. That one 20 something play drive was awesome. You don't see many drives like that. Took up almost the whole 3rd qtr. Our defense actually scored 12 of those points. Normand, and Hall basically did (got tackled at the 1 on the int), but other then that one long drive, the offense never moved the ball too much. How Farragut put 41 or so on Maryville, and we could never muster much more then 20 in 4 years against them is baffling.

Hey Science...I noticed OR didn't get much love in the Prep Extra magazine. Had their predicted finish 5-5? Wow! I haven't watched OR practice, but I do know you guys lost some key players to graduation. I'm sure you've checked them out. What is your prediction?

I went to the Jamboree at Neyland and most of the teams in our district looked much better, except for my dragons of course. Powell & AC dont look as strong. So this could be anyone's district to win in my opinion except for Halls or Clinton.....Haha.

Smithey lol What a joke...What will really suck is if he is right hahah. I don't see that happening, though. I'm thinking 7-3 or 8-2. And i have heard conflicting stories about the jamboree. Some said Powell looked great, some not. Who knows? lol

Sweet, No offense..But I think I will go with Blade's Coaching knowledge over yours.

How dare you! lol Never said i was a coach. I just think we could've done better then what we did against Maryville. I for one think Matt Moore didn't get the ball enough in his career @ OR. Probably the fastest guy that has ever played RB for us and he touched the ball at most 15 times a game. Way too little for a guy with his speed. And he isn't that little. I have stood beside him, he is built like a rock. Edited by SweetScience

Smithey lol What a joke...What will really suck is if he is right hahah. I don't see that happening, though. I'm thinking 7-3 or 8-2. And i have heard conflicting stories about the jamboree. Some said Powell looked great, some not. Who knows? lol

Powell only played their starters for one series in the jamboree, I think. Maybe two. They looked good in both of the scrimmages against Jeff Co. and Lenoir City, but there really isn't a way to tell until the season kicks off. I picked Powell to go 7-3 or 8-2 with the losses coming from Fulton, AC (due to their passing attack and Powell's new secondary) and the toss up game being Oak Ridge (new coaches on both sides, new styles, etc). Edited by powellphoto

Sweet, the running back that you speak of- was also the most Injury prone RB that we have ever had in the history of OR football.  And maybe not the toughest kid that I have ever seen. (but that is not a slam_ I have seen some tough ones) Do you know who Leonard  Scott was over at UT? He was fast too. But not a durable guy/

And if we were playing Back yard Football and R. Hall was thereAs far as his arm is concerned___- I would be playing QB---- if you catch my drift.

Edited by bladerunner

Matt had a shoulder that came of it's socket and had to be popped back in.  This happened quite a few times.  I would say he was a tough player taking the field knowing that was very likely to happen and he would have to pop it back in. That hurts like a mother.   

Does anybody remember the time that Matt was racing to get off the field and he was running so fast he couldn't stop.  He ended up flying over the gatorade tables and landed with his head between the table and the fence with his feet sticking straight up in the air.   It was hilarious. 

Yes it did happen alot.  It didn't take much to knock that shoulder out.  they would pop it back in and send him back in the game.  It went on everyweek for jr and sr season.  I give him credit for playing through it. 

It could have been repaired surgically, but for whatever reason it was not.