Districts 3 & 4 region 2

Ladyramshoop

I didn't make it down last night and I must admit that I am surprised that the Lady Dogs were able to overcome their early season adversities and beat a good GCA team. I would greatly appreciate any comments from people who were there at the game. Obviously Hampton had to play much better than what they have been so far in the preseason.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaker 1-9.......?  Anyone got any data on the Cosby Lady Eagles?  Heard they were pretty solid team but didn't get a lot of players info on'em.  I'm just curious as to what we gonna see Friday and I sincerely hope it ain't like the Washburn scorched earth episode.  Sheesh, I'm not going to trash a team that is obviously "down" but they were really uncompetative and I can't fanthom them winning at all this year, altough I wish them well. 

Kaz :hungry:

Guess I will go watch and form my own opinion. :rolleyes:

My guess is the coaches have seen Cosby play a game or two.  H.S, basketball ain't rocket science IMO, but one won't get much banter here I guess.  I was looking for a little general info (games played) Oneida is 1-1.  They got some good guards and 4 long post players of varying degrees of skill.  We'll toss it up and see what we got.  See ya tonight.

Kaz :thumb:

Top players in district 3 & 4 and in Region 2:

District 3-Top 5 no order

Harris-Tellico

Duggins-Grace

Player from Meigs- don't know her name but a player

Hensley - Grace

Napier-Rockwood

District 4- Top 5 no order

Morgan-Oneida

Griffith- O S

Griffith-O S

Hamby-Wartburg

Post Player-Oneida--forgot her name

Region -2 Top 5 no Order

Duggins-Grace

Harris-Tellico

Meigs girl-sorry don't know her name

Hensley-Grace

Griffith girls- Both of them (I know its 6)

What do you think?????  Just to start some conversation

Emileigh Swafford is the girl from Meigs. She's an outstanding player. Just signed with Lee University.

• 2 weeks later...

Any movers in these districts early.....?  I've got my eye on Meigs...people say they pretty solid.  Wonder how they and GCA will sort themselves out through the year.  Other district will start to show itself in the next several weeks....heard OS and Wartburg were solid.  Oneida is beginning to play a little harder, which makes them serious contender.

I'm always ranking teams so here is my first thought about 4A

1. Oneida - deepest team, can play with anyone.

2. O.S.- most aggressive team and really tough schedule. Multiple defenses and sound all around.

3. Wartburg - in a familiar spot solid on offense and defense not flashy but they never are this time of year.

4. Coalfield - strong team defense and tough kids

3A

1.meigs

2.GCA

3. Tellico

4. Rockwood

What to say....we got beat.  Ambassadors is a very capable team.  I find it was interesting we got out shot from the free throw line 47 to 15.  I have no problem with the game being called close but shouldn't that go both ways?  Touch fouls on one in weren't called on the other.  That was an experience for sure, but they were a solid team.

Kaz

OK....traveled down to watch the girls at Wartburg last night.  Effort was a little disjointed at times but they left the Doghouse with a key district win.  IMO any road victory is important if your going to contend.  Met a scrappy Lady Bulldog Team and managed the game pretty well in the end.  It seems we can play much better but that is nit picking a little.  Wartburg has a solid team that didn't shoot a high fg percentage and that eventually bit them.  The Lady Indians are 2-0 in the district and they seem to have plenty of available options in the scoring department.  They have as many as 6 or 7 different girls that can easily lead the team in scoring from night to night which is going to make it hard for opponents to key on any one player.  My guess is Wartburg will knock off someone who isn't ready before the season is over.  Oneida is in the drivers seat right now.

Kazzy