Marion County @ Grundy Co

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion's qb was really impressive in the game tonight. In the end grundy just couldn't stop marion from running the ball. Grundys offense was not bad either marion had a tough time stopping the pass but got a few big interceptions in the 4th qtr. Good win for marion and grundy should have a good season also they have a tough team. Great game to watch!

Grundy County loud and obnoxious announcer completely quit announcing anything that Marion did in the 4th qtr. I'm talking about he wouldn't even announce down and distance when Marion had the ball. Was the worst display of sportsmanship by an announcer that I have ever witnessed. He was worse than the "Green Wall" man from Notre Dame a few years back.

Edited by PurpleGrad

Looks like the offense will be better this year with Walters running the show.  Offense looked really really good, defense not so much.  They were gashed all night but they look a little more athletic this year.  O' Shields played well and #21 was laying some licks.  Game would have been much worse but there were several interception drops.  The refs were also horrible, there were tons of holding non calls and one when marion turned it over on downs deep in GC territory where the linebacker was holding Zemen and they called a hold on him, I believe on that play Walters scored.  Also called a helmet to helmet on 21 and it was a shot to the chest.  If the defense comes together look out for this team in 2A.  Probably wont see as good as a QB as Mainord the rest of the year.