Week 1: Fairview (1-0) vs Camden (0-1)

JUNO

Went to watch Fairview play last night, due to Hickman having a Bye game.

Cheatham was very slow and under talented. They have a few kids who have talent but not enough to get them very far. Within the first 2 minutes of watching the game, I had already called that Fairview would run away with it, and they did very quickly.

Fairview has a good team. It is always hard to tell by game 1 what their potential is. I seen a Qb who looked a little fumbly and nervous at times, but who also made big plays and could fake the ball extremely well. I seen Fairview had talent deep in the backfield #22 and #23 played well and so did #5. I believe there were 1 or 2 more who did well but cant remember numbers. It was hard to tell about fairview's passing game, because Cheathams coverage was horrible. Cheathams corners both looked like linebackers who could possibly even play the line. They were slow and were way too concerned with reading run. None the less, Fairview did well passing the ball against them. I believe they will be better tested this week against Camden. I say Fairview will win this week as well, just by a smaller margin.

oh, cant forget the defense. Fairview swarms to the run and covered the pass well. The only bad I found in the Defense was the time Cheatham scored, they looked as though they had never seen a guy who could take a side step ten times to the endzone. But hey, when you win by that much you are allowed to make a couple of mistakes. Fairview also played much better as a team than I have seen them play in the last few years.

The coach didn't do very much at all for the video camera last night. Definitely a much better football team coming to Fairview this Friday.

Didn't get to see Camden play only got to listen to it and that was bad enough. A lot of penalties, couldn't score when in the red zone, couldn't hold on to the football, etc;... Camden has a whole lot to get better at in a very short time before playing Fairview Friday night. And in my opinion this game will decide the winner of the district. I'm picking Fairview to win this one

Didn't get to see Camden play only got to listen to it and that was bad enough. A lot of penalties, couldn't score when in the red zone, couldn't hold on to the football, etc;... Camden has a whole lot to get better at in a very short time before playing Fairview Friday night. And in my opinion this game will decide the winner of the district. I'm picking Fairview to win this one

I don't know squat about Camden. I know that I respect the opponent, regardless. I have read up on and followed the Lions a little bit. I know the Jackets have a handful coming to town this Friday!

We are a lot like you ..Well coached kids that will be ready Our great group of coaches always seem to get the best out of whatever talent they have. Every now and again we have a talented bunch come through and then  we have a really special group who play for and sacrifices for the greater good of the team. 2004 and  2005  2009 and  2010 were groups like that. sadly we ran into Milan and or Huntingdon those years one was a state champ the other the runners up.Books still out on these kids the potentials there just dont know about the family atmosphere you need to be special.

Our Freshman team this year is 30 strong and I expect at least 25 of them to make it through the pain train that is our off season program and boy does this group love to hit. Their Jr. and Senior seasons should be one of "those groups" and nope My kid isnt in that class so no blood bias.. Cant wait for Friday I know you guys have Milans respect and to be honest that makes me respectfully scared 

We are a lot like you ..Well coached kids that will be ready Our great group of coaches always seem to get the best out of whatever talent they have. Every now and again we have a talented bunch come through and then  we have a really special group who play for and sacrifices for the greater good of the team. 2004 and  2005  2009 and  2010 were groups like that. sadly we ran into Milan and or Huntingdon those years one was a state champ the other the runners up.Books still out on these kids the potentials there just dont know about the family atmosphere you need to be special.

Our Freshman team this year is 30 strong and I expect at least 25 of them to make it through the pain train that is our off season program and boy does this group love to hit. Their Jr. and Senior seasons should be one of "those groups" and nope My kid isnt in that class so no blood bias.. Cant wait for Friday I know you guys have Milans respect and to be honest that makes me respectfully scared

Didn't play them Fairview last year.... but the two years before, they were a very good team. Is this game at Camden or Fairview??? Fairview was a good place to watch a game.... but if you still have the same PA guy.... he is a major league homer. By the way.... Fairview fans.... beware the monkey. He is vicious.

Didn't play them Fairview last year.... but the two years before, they were a very good team. Is this game at Camden or Fairview??? Fairview was a good place to watch a game.... but if you still have the same PA guy.... he is a major league homer. By the way.... Fairview fans.... beware the monkey. He is vicious.

@Fairview and not everyone has the best PA guy in the state like Camden. I believe Al studies all week so he can rattle of opposing teams players and numbers like they play for Camden and he has known them his whole life.People in our crowd love going to away games just to hear how the PA guy mispronounces our kids names. I personally love the Guy at Huntingdon who cant seem to say Latendressee (Lat On Drus) to save his life even though he has been saying the name every year for 30 years or better.  One of you fairview guys should give your PA guy a heads up  the name Nazi is pronounced NaaaZee..lol yeah we got some tongue twisters

That Monkey seems to alternate years if you ask me. He moves from Camden to Fairview and then back again.

@Fairview and not everyone has the best PA guy in the state like Camden. I believe Al studies all week so he can rattle of opposing teams players and numbers like they play for Camden and he has known them his whole life.People in our crowd love going to away games just to hear how the PA guy mispronounces our kids names. I personally love the Guy at Huntingdon who cant seem to say Latendressee (Lat On Drus) to save his life even though he has been saying the name every year for 30 years or better. One of you fairview guys should give your PA guy a heads up the name Nazi is pronounced NaaaZee..lol yeah we got some tongue twisters

That Monkey seems to alternate years if you ask me. He moves from Camden to Fairview and then back again.

The Camden PA guy is loud as well. "Show your Lion Pride" still rings in my ears!

• Upvote 1

@Fairview and not everyone has the best PA guy in the state like Camden. I believe Al studies all week so he can rattle of opposing teams players and numbers like they play for Camden and he has known them his whole life.People in our crowd love going to away games just to hear how the PA guy mispronounces our kids names. I personally love the Guy at Huntingdon who cant seem to say Latendressee (Lat On Drus) to save his life even though he has been saying the name every year for 30 years or better.  One of you fairview guys should give your PA guy a heads up  the name Nazi is pronounced NaaaZee..lol yeah we got some tongue twisters

He went to Fairview two years in a row....and didn't really like it.  He said he couldn't wait to get back home to Camden!!  But to be honest with you.... I think this is the year that Fairview and Camden can get the monkey off your backs and get over the Milan hump!!!