Covington @ Munford

CHARGERFAN

Well, rumors of the Chargers demise this season seem to be exaggerated. Final

Covington 29 Munford 8

Winning these inter-county battles is always big for the players. It gives them bragging rights for the next 12 months when they see their neighbors.

I had to listen to the game via the Internet, since we had a pressing engagement in Middle TN. From what I heard, the. Charger D was dominating. They pitched a shutout, with Munford scoring on a fumble recovery and long run back.

The Charger O sounded like we picked up where we left off last year, with an experienced QB returning and several backs picking up the load.

Looking forward to seeing my guys live against Hilcrest this week.

If we are comparing them to last yrs team....we aren't clicking on as many cylinders as last yr..If we are comparing them to Munford :roflol: no comparison. If Covington wants to compete with the big boys they better find a passing game...but what's new about that with Covington. Covington will be competitive again this year with a good defense and and ball control offense. Sounds familiar doesn't it. Good game Chargers despite sorry officiating in first half.

Edited by purpleandgoldfan
  • Upvote 1

Lol @chargerfan... I'd settle for Brett Favre tossing around the ball in his backyard with his kids. I know Watson can throw the ball and Russell and a few others can catch the ball. Anything just to loosen the "D" up for the running game. Doesn't have to be 40 or 50 yarders just some play action or something where we are not so predictable would help.

Edited by purpleandgoldfan