oakland vs cumberland county

olineathlete

Congrats to Cumberland Co, for turning around thier program. But here comes the tricky part. Oakland will bring in a winning tradition and players that know how to and expect to win. They have played a very hard schedule and have beaten teams with winning records. Cumberland Co. even with its win over Lincoln Co. still has not beaten a team with a winning record.

Good luck to the jets but I see the Pats rolling on.

Guest region4fan

We are excited to come to Cumberland County for play-off action. Heck...we are thrilled to still be in the hunt!!Oakland has not had the season that we had hoped to have. We had some key injuries at the beginning that were hard on this team...2 seniors....Joey Odom, a lineman, and Jason Carter...linebacker and one of our emotional leaders ! We have played well enough to win many games, but lost In fact, we just needed a few more minutes on the clock to pull it off. However, these boys never quit. They have great love for each other, great coaches, and desire to win. Great win Fri nite against Mt. Juliet boys!!! Have a great week of practice!

Guest region4fan

Hello my friend. Thanks for the warning. I can assure you that Cumberland County will not be taken lightly by anyone at Oakland. Wasn't that who you lost to? I certainly respect Lincoln County and anyone from there offering an opinion. Good luck to you at TOMAHAWK STADIUM. I think you will see a much better Riverdale team than you saw earlier in the season. Watch out for that #9!!! If you put #17 on his back early...he will throw the INT's for ya!Have a safe drive in.

what do u mean study that game film a little longer? What is that supposed to mean? We know they are a good team, if they werent, they wouldnt be in the playoffs, and espicaly a #2 seed. we will see what happens friday night. I hope we get a chance to play yall again, just because i know that was a game i knew we should have won, but didnt. Either way, we will get redemption for this years earlier loses to u or Riverdale.

Oakland and Cumberland County met in the first round of the playoffs in 1998 at MTSU. Oakland was 8-2 while Cumberland County was 7-3. Oakland was very tough and entered the game as a huge favorite. But, Cumberland County brought an enormous crowd and fed off that enthusiasm taking Oakland into overtime. The results were controversial for Cumberland fans--Oakland won 20-14--as there were several questionable penalties. The strange thing--after that game, Oakland swept right throught the rest of the playoffs winning the championship. I have always wondered what would happen if they were to meet again. Looks like we'll have a chance to see if those memories are still around at Cumberland County Friday night. ;)

How can u sit back and say we dont deserve to be t here? We have lost 4 games, but we could easily have won all of them. we were winning all of them except the lebanon game, who is rightfully sitting at home. However, i see u have LHS in ur name. I can assume u play for lavergne or lebanon, so ur probably angry that your not playing. hope u come to the game. Its gonna be good. But b/c your sitting at home and oakland is playing, dont get angy. The 4 best teams in the region are playing this week, and you obviously arent on one of those. So shut up until u do anything. i bet if u do play, you ride the pine pony. Ur either a sorry person talking crap, a fres hman talkin crap, or some1's dad thats mad b/c their kid isnt pla ying this week. so i'll say it again. SHUT UP