Fairview at Stewart County: CUB BOWL I

howdoitknow

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still little old Fairview, whether the # 3 ranking says we are or not. The mindset for this team this year is one week at a time. Just so happens that this week it is Stewart County week. The players could care less about a stupid number/ranking. They do all of their talking on the field. Now, like I said, we are just little old Fairview, Stewart County is liable to smack us in the mouth and send us packing. One thing you will learn about Fairview is though, we do not give up. Winning or losing, in the 4th quarter when all of the other teams are starting to wear out. Fairview is still firing on all cylinders, and that is something I was very impressed with last week, and I also had a big part in our success. Just my 2 cents.

We are still little old Fairview, whether the # 3 ranking says we are or not. The mindset for this team this year is one week at a time. Just so happens that this week it is Stewart County week. The players could care less about a stupid number/ranking. They do all of their talking on the field. Now, like I said, we are just little old Fairview, Stewart County is liable to smack us in the mouth and send us packing. One thing you will learn about Fairview is though, we do not give up. Winning or losing, in the 4th quarter when all of the other teams are starting to wear out. Fairview is still firing on all cylinders, and that is something I was very impressed with last week, and I also had a big part in our success. Just my 2 cents.

That is right on!

I am also very proud of the Stewart County Football program. We struggled through three different coaches last season but were fortunate to land FInley . The young men at SCHS believe in him and I do too. Yes, Fairview should win this game but I know that we will give it our best shot. We at Stewart County feel that we have already won regardless of the outcome if you know what I mean.

I'm very happy right now for both ball teams. Wish both could go undefeated this season but with both being in 11AA that wont happen. I'll be at this game too as will alot of the seniors that graduated last year that played for Jackson and Finley. Can't wait to catch up with both of them before the game. At the CC/Fairview game I got to talk with Jackson. Fairview has a really great football coach with Jackson along with the others too. Their team is top notch as are their fans. I know FV will travel well. So get ready Rebels to have a stocked consession stand! As for the Rebels....They look good! 100% turn around from last year. I had a chance to talk with Finley before the jamboree. Stewart Co. has a great football coach there as well and he has those Rebels fired up! I see both these teams hitting hard and wouldn't have it any other way. Fairview is power packed for sure, but Stewart Co. is gonna surprise alot of people this year. They're hungry for sure!

You'll have to shoot me a text tomorrow around 9:30 and let me know how it turned out.  I can't say enough good things about either squad's coaching staff.  Knowing the men on each side who are in charge I also can't say enough about the physical nature that the kids will play with from whistle to whistle.  I hope that every Cubs Class of 2013 football player is near the area and is able to go and watch this one.  It's hard to imagine that I would ever encourage graduates from CCCHS to attend a "non-Cubs game" on the same night that the Cubs do play the hated rival Harpeth Indians. 

Good Luck to BOTH TEAMS and here's to hoping for a hard-nosed, injury free battle!