Gallatin1-0 @ Beech 1-1

runninblind

That is such a simple response. I am certain there are students that are closer to schs than GHS that are zoned for Rucker. There's a little more that goes into than that.

You are right, and some closer to GHS zoned for SCHS. The problem is where the lines are drawn. It takes away some of community pride when politics split community up based on socioeconomics.  Rucker is 70+% GHS and 30-% SCHS.

Red idiot, red fool, or just red dumb *** I have done some research on Perry kid. I found out he is brother of legendary lady basketball player Kia Perry. So red idiot you are a liar. He is zoned station camp. I am a green wave fan. But I know they will suckk this year. I won championships at gallatin. Now I am st camp supporter. Red idiot don't lie or I will cat h it. Hope coach Martin don't have any studs or I will be right again.

He is not a liar. Your research goes as deep as your vocabulary. His even older sister was Tonisha Perry who played basketball at GHS. They live near the zoning line closer to GHS. Also, En'riques Perry, Zach Perry and Janairo Perry all related and played at Gallatin in recent years.

You are right, and some closer to GHS zoned for SCHS. The problem is where the lines are drawn. It takes away some of community pride when politics split community up based on socioeconomics. Rucker is 70+% GHS and 30-% SCHS.

Why would we assume the line and corresponding split is based on socioeconomics?

No one is accusing coaches of recruiting are they? When do they have time? Most I know are at practice all the time. However, that new facility should attract some athletes to SC if they have a choice of where to go.

Do you mean the new facility that I, as a Sumner co tax payer, am paying for? Unlike the one at Beech which is being paid for entirely by parent's donations and fund raisers?

I guess. I take it you don't want them to have it? I don't live in sumner county but I'm sure those kids appreciate your dollars.

I'm all for tax dollars going to the kids. Just never understood why kids that go to Beech get fewer than kids that go to SC. Sorry, it's a horse that's been beat to death.

I'm all for tax dollars going to the kids. Just never understood why kids that go to Beech get fewer than kids that go to SC. Sorry, it's a horse that's been beat to death.

Same thing at Hville, we paid for our field house because the county would not. It helps to have an influential school board member with a close relative who plays for SC.

Why would we assume the line and corresponding split is based on socioeconomics?

It is definately a component to the overall issue. Example: If you live accross Guild Elementry, you are actually zoned for Vena Stuart Elementry. No one would mention this unless it were a high school and athletics is a factor. One reason many of the houses across from Howard Elementry are zoned for Station Camp are to help balance out schools with those individuals receiving free and reduced lunch. Likewise, areas like Fairview Plantation who now have some of Gallatin's older population with money and some with new money all zoned for Station Camp. The lines are not territorial, it is political to help balance out the classes. There have been people in power that make this decisions in the past primarily supporters of one school/community (maybe where they went to school or where they now live) from Gallatin or Hendersonville or recently Station Camp. Just look at elected officials in our BOE to see the power struggle.

So, eers, there is more than goes into that.  In the end, there is still school, community and pride for all represented though it can change the landscape. Kids play a game, not politics. They leave that up to self serving adults. So enough about school zones, lets get back to football.      

Edited by TheRealTruth