AAA State

Guest kenwoodrun

Guest kenwoodrun

Let me be one of the first to get on here to say congratulations to all parties involved. McMinn, you survived the heart attack and got the job done against two good teams from the Memphis area. Bradley, the one season jump from around 20th all the way to 5th is impressive in any season, in any classification. Tullahoma, 9th is nothing to be ashamed of and it was close between 5th and the next several teams. Oakland's fellas...if there are any still out there...way to finish up, strong strong finish for you guys.

My girls had a rough week and a rough race. 3 of our top 5 have been sick, running low grade fevers this week and I knew things were going to be ugly for us, but I wanted to stay optimistic anyway. We should have been around 10th...the team that finished 10th today (Northwest) we beat at regions last week. But I'm sure other teams had folks sick as well, so we'll just take the learning experience and bounce back next year. Our brightest spot was our #1 guy Diaz finishing 9th overall in 15:49..right in front of none other than Jeff Taylor :o~ But it was McMinn's day, Bradley's day, congrats to all. Tonto...Cookeville beats us by 1 point...ha! where was Bird?

By the way, where the heck are the results? Not on TSSAA yet.

Thank you for the nice words. Sorry your girls have been

"under the weather"- not a bad finish under the circumstances. Mcminn did indeed pull it off, and with much more humility I might add. I think Dusty Millers triumph might have added a little humility to the bunch, especially HURST! :o I am so proud of BCHS Boys- they really came through at crunch time. Coach asked for 5 boys to be in the 16's, and he had 5 under 17:02- not bad....................

and Taylor had the best race of his life, not good enough for him I suppose, but to go out your senior year with a PR and anywhere under 16 is a nice accomplishment!It was great weather, and a great day for High School Running. Congrats to all who did their best! Can't wait til track season! :D:):) C-ya'll soon!Im sorry I didnt get to meet you, I got so caught up in all the excitment, I forgot all about it! :o

Congratulations to Bradley's freshman Jackie Pickel and senior Jeff Taylor for receiving all-state honors. Also congratulations to Walker Valley's Trevor Howarter for receiving all-state honors in the small school division. Special congratulations to the entire McMinn County boys team for their championship and to Laura Koob for being state champ.

winning a TN state championship wont get you jack from colleges. unfortunately TN is pretty weak when it comes to running, although its gotten a ton better and looks to keep getting better. she wont get much attention until she puts out some pretty solid track times and/or good footlocker performances. unless she made a 1500 on her SAT she most likely couldnt go to stanford, georgetown, or anywhere she wants. im sure she will get some attention though.