Scrimmages at Knox Karns?????

Campbelle2

Hancock Co. did not play Bearden. They played Knox Central instead. Central 54- Hancock-49. I'm not certain of the outcome of the South-Doyle/HC game but I think S-D won at the end. In both games Hancock looked much stronger underneath but were outplayed at guard. The center for Hancock(Rocky?) is a player, but his support is going to have to get better particularlily at guard.

South-Doyle is playing hard again. Their new coach seems to be doing a good job.

Central was crushed in an early 8:00AM game against Webb. I don't think Webb looked that good but Central looked like they were still asleep from being up too late from their football team's victory over Powell Friday night. They did however wake up for Hancock Co. Devon Hundley picked the pockets of the Sneedville boys all day and when Zach Conner finally found is jump shot the Bobcats started to fire on not all but several cylinders. Devon Hundley may be the best player you've never heard of.

West loked improved this year, handling Carter easily.

Pigeon Forge looked big.

Bearden looked good as usual.

Cocke Co. did not look good.

Maryville looked, well like you would expect. Andy Tipton appears to be ready to take up some of the load inside to compliment Lee Humphrey outside. Maryville is my pick for region winner.

Coach Henson at Karns said there were 16 varsity teams at the play day. I would like to hear how some of the other teams looked.

I heard that South Doyle played well. They beat Hancock County and then beat Gibbs without their leading scorer, Adam King. They still have alot of work to do but they are getting better and learnig how to win. I think they play Central Tuesday night at Central - is that true? And yes, Devin Hundley is a great high school guard. Incredible quickness.