Crockett (2-1) @ Elizabethton (2-1) Homecoming

EHSTrack06

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton, Greeneville, South, Elizabethton

One of these 4 will be your 2013 4A State Champs. Book it! All in the East Quad as well.

The only regular season meeting between these 4 is Nov. 1 with EHS vs. South.        Assume a Betsy win, and assume that the other 3 win out as well,  how would the playoffs look?     Yeah, the TN playoff system is so complicated that we may not be able to unravel it here, but just wondering....    I for one am not ready for football to end on Nov 1, so hoping for some deep playoff games in 4A locally.

Well, one article I read said like 5-8 of the top 10 4A teams could wind up in East quad. Fulton could get bumped into the next one but it would require like Johnson County and East to make it to playoffs or something like that.

East isn't going anywhere and Johnson Co. is 3A. 4A should include Fulton, Greeneville, South, Catholic, Elizabethton, Carter, Scott and hopefully an 8th team like Grainger or Claiborne so they don't drag another out of District 5. There are only 14 teams in 4A in districts 1-4 to draw from. If Betsy beats South they would be a top 4 seed as district champ and probably be a #3 or #4 depending on how they do against Tn. Hi and how Catholic does against Webb and Alcoa. I'd guess a #3 would put you against Carter in the 1st round and Greeneville in the 2nd. If a #4 seed you may play South 2 weeks in a row which I proposed last spring as a possibility when I saw the week #10 match up between the two.

East isn't going anywhere and Johnson Co. is 3A. 4A should include Fulton, Greeneville, South, Catholic, Elizabethton, Carter, Scott and hopefully an 8th team like Grainger or Claiborne so they don't drag another out of District 5. There are only 14 teams in 4A in districts 1-4 to draw from. If Betsy beats South they would be a top 4 seed as district champ and probably be a #3 or #4 depending on how they do against Tn. Hi and how Catholic does against Webb and Alcoa. I'd guess a #3 would put you against Carter in the 1st round and Greeneville in the 2nd. If a #4 seed you may play South 2 weeks in a row which I proposed last spring as a possibility when I saw the week #10 match up between the two.

Thats about right and the rest of the season is going to be interesting.But there is still a lot of games to be played and the Cyclones need to take it one game at a time and I know Shawn won't let his team look ahead.Best of luck to South and I will say week 10 should be a dandy. Edited by lawnman