CPA hosts Maplewood

sportsnerd

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm No offense, but that sounded pretty trashy to me and I'm a CPA fan.

Read my post again and ask yourself. 'Did Sportsnerd put down another team, degrade a school or a player, or say anything that is probably not true?" I have never done that (go back and read all my posts). What is different about what I posted about the rest of the season versus predicting CPA will win each game one at a time? And I have seen 3 of their 4 games, and they are a "machine". A machine is a tool made up of parts that all work together well to complete a task. Athletes, offense, defense, coaching, kicking game, discipline - they have it all.

Can they lose? Yes! This is sports and anything can happen (I even suggested it could happen against Milan). I remember 2-3 years ago when Alcoa posters "trash-talked" and implied Alcoa could not and would not ever lose. Well, CAK answered that. Again, I look at the schedule, I look at their opponents and their results, I look at history, I see Milan struggling (even though I know they are capable) and I make an analysis and prediction. That is not trash talking.

I agree one game at a time and I also know it's hard not to look down the schedule and play "what if" games.  I think the key for CPA is for Coach Martin and his staff to prepare them as if every week was vs. Giles Co.

I'm proud of the guys.  They work hard.

I am proud of them too, but the "one game at a time" overused mantra is for the players, not the fans. We can look ahead, they should not. Why do you think there are preseason polls, weekly polls, predictions, schedule analyses, strength of schedule calculations? These are all part of the fun of projecting forward in the season beyond one game at a time as a fan. It is not trash talking if it does not degrade others and if it is based on a realistic and reasonable analysis. I stand by my statement that as a fan, not as a player or a coach, is legitimate to make.

Question: Is it trash talking for the school to make up and distribute T-Shirts preseason that state: "State Championship - 2013"? Have you ever seen a T-shirt that said: "one game at a time."?

Edited by sportsnerd

Wow - MW beat CPA's 2nd and 3rd team 20-0 after losing to the 1st team 42-0 in 2+ quarters! Who would have thought this at the beginning of the year? Milan is the only team left on CAP's schedule that has a chance to beat them. They are a machine at this point.

First, you can say just about anything you want on this site that is your right

Second, this is not "analysis" Don't kid yourself.

Third, you are trying real hard to defend yourself using examples of others that are worse. Not sure you really want to go there.

I guess I'm just old school where you respect your opponents and respect the game.

First, you can say just about anything you want on this site that is your right

Second, this is not "analysis" Don't kid yourself.

Third, you are trying real hard to defend yourself using examples of others that are worse. Not sure you really want to go there.

I guess I'm just old school where you respect your opponents and respect the game.

Fourth, you have a right to your opinion, but I think you are wrong, and I don't have to defend myself for looking at games, talent, results, schedules, strength of opponents, and making a prediction. I am a fan of CPA, and I respect and recognize the quality of their team, and I understand the strength of their upcoming opponents. I DID NOT disrespect the opponents, I said I didn't think they could win. The "game" you claim I disrespect has involved making game predictions since it began.

You don't like my posts - fine! Make better ones that "game at a time" - is that your definition of analysis?

Fourth, you have a right to your opinion, but I think you are wrong, and I don't have to defend myself for looking at games, talent, results, schedules, strength of opponents, and making a prediction. I am a fan of CPA, and I respect and recognize the quality of their team, and I understand the strength of their upcoming opponents. I DID NOT disrespect the opponents, I said I didn't think they could win. The "game" you claim I disrespect has involved making game predictions since it began.

You don't like my posts - fine! Make better ones that "game at a time" - is that your definition of analysis?

Hey Nerd. You can talk trash if you want to. Just don't claim you don't. That's all.