Harpeth beats Cheatham County 28-6

howdoitknow

Actually the Indians could very likely go 4 - 1 before they hit the wall.  And by wall I mean the last five games of their season.  All District games: Greenbrier; White House; Sycamore; Westmoreland; White House Heritage.

As for the Cubs, I hope that they can find a way to turn their season around, but, they could very well finish their season out at 2 - 8.

Sycamore, Harpeth, nor Cheatham County appear to be playoff bound this year. Sycamore has the best shot but their schedule is LOADED! Harpeth will beat ER this week but after this one I don't know if they'll win another game on their schedule. Cheatham as much as I hate to admit looks to be a team that went through too much change.

Good going Cheatham County BOE. You've officially wrecked football season!

Sycamore, Harpeth, nor Cheatham County appear to be playoff bound this year. Sycamore has the best shot but their schedule is LOADED! Harpeth will beat ER this week but after this one I don't know if they'll win another game on their schedule. Cheatham as much as I hate to admit looks to be a team that went through too much change.

Good going Cheatham County BOE. You've officially wrecked football season!

Let's not count Sycamore down for the count just yet. They are just a tweak or two away from being a really good team.  Let's just hope the tweaks come in time............

Harpeth got a win against NCS handed to them due to the fact that NCS played an in eligible player. Harpeth is now 3-0 on the season according to the record books. They could get to 4-0 this week with a win over ERHS.

I understand that they win it on a rules violation, but, it's hard to believe that one player creates the difference that was shown on the field against NCS.  I feel bad for the rest of NCS's players.

So, Harpeth could very well be 5 - 0 when they get into the meat of their district schedule...........

I understand that they win it on a rules violation, but, it's hard to believe that one player creates the difference that was shown on the field against NCS. I feel bad for the rest of NCS's players.

So, Harpeth could very well be 5 - 0 when they get into the meat of their district schedule...........

Yes! Undefeated is still undefeated and Harpeth may very well be 4-0 at the end of the night. 5 wins would get them into the playoffs

Harpeth and Sycamore have a better than average shot at getting in the playoffs with the current system.  Teams with 4 wins get in every year.  If Harpeth gets to 5-0 and loses their next 5 games, there's no RPI or other strength of schedule component that will keep them out.  It will take 32 teams having 5 wins or better.  Historically, that hasn't happened.

If you don't have your ducks in a row with eligibility, I don't feel sorry for you when you have to forfeit.  I feel sorry for the team that might get knocked out of the playoffs in AA because NCS didn't take care of their business pre-season if Harpeth gets in because of that one game.  If you can self report in week 2, why not just take care of that before week 0?  I've seen a bunch of NCS/Harpeth games and this is by far the best NCS team they've ever put on the field.  You're right.  It's not one kid that will hurt you.  They have 'attracted' several good athletes over there under Brothers.  They'll go deep in the playoffs.

To Harpeth's credit, albeit they are winning, I see a little better team chemistry and more positive coaching with this group.  Coach Harris is a great motivator and they have picked up a few assistants that are getting positive results.  We'll see how it plays out.  More kids on the sideline than I've seen in awhile.  I think a lot of new blood on the staff combined with a couple of good underclassmen classes in a row has been a shot in the arm.

Edited by ksgovols