Cloudland vs Johnson co

THE KING

Have you even watched either team play. They both have speed. Every time some one from elizabethton has something to say. They are always better than any county school around. Better speed better back better line better everything. This is why I can not stand people from elizabethton. heck all the county schools have there share of speed and over the years had really good speed. But I guess just because u are from elizabethton u are better. What I would give to see happy valley or Johnson county to beat Elizabethan. Then you would here all of them complaining abouta bad call or something. heck KING let's combine Hampton and cloudland and shut them up. Because then they couldn't keep from playing us. EHStrack 06 I dare u to come to a county school game running our mouth. Hope our a track star because u will need to be. Hahaha

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the last time elizabethton make it to the state

They were good enough to win it last year, a few bad breaks cost them the game with CAK.  As far as I'm concerned Etown is on a different level than our Co schools, its the haves and the have nots. I've seen years when it wasn't that way,but its been a few years.

Pujo, you are correct an at least you are civil when you post :D

As for everyone else.. 

Lol...don't take everything so personally. I have no bias against any school except for Greeneville and Science Hill. It's not like I said Cloudland was gonna get blown out, I just don't think they will get past Johnson County as easy as a lot of their fan think they will. Point out one thing in my post that is factually incorrect. I shouldn't have to but I'll break down and defend every piece of my post if you guys will get over your bias to read it for what it is, an opinion.

"I'm gonna have to go with JC in this one. Speed kills but it barely got past a horrible Happy Valley team." All I read from Cloudland fans in this thread is that they are fast an got speed and that's what will win their games. Their speed only beat a down Happy Valley 21-18.

"JC is completely different than HV. JC will run it and run it hard. They are big as usual and those hits will stop any speed. " If by watching them play I haven't but I have a close friend who plays on Johnson County. Told me JC has a lot of power and size but lacks in the skill positions. JC is better than Happy Valley this season. JC is mostly a run first team. They like to grind away at the clock. They have a lot of big boys again this season and a powerful HB. He hits the holes hard. And if a speedy guy gets hit hard, his speed also takes a hit.

"When I hear speed, I think of Ethan Thomas, Jeremiah Turner speed..those guys can get around the JC boys..so if Cloudland can match the speed of EHS then yes, speed will beat power. " The way some Cloudland fans talk they make it sound as if their speed is gonna have them win in a blowout or win big. This part was purely a comparison. EHS usually doesn't blow out JC and we got speed as well so you can't say speed is what will win games. My comparison was if you are fast like teams that do beat them on speed alone then you will do fine. Other than that it'll take a lot more than just speed to beat them. 

"If Cloudland wins it'll be another close one. If JC wins it will be low scoring bc they love to control the clock with a very slow tempo. Cloudland only scoring 21 on HV is a red flag for me though." Absolutely NOTHING in this section is wrong. Johnson County is better than Happy Valley and a clear favorite to finish 3rd in 3RC. If Cloudland wins it will be another close one like the Happy Valley game. If Johnson County wins it will be low scoring because they don't have the speed and will just ground and pound their way through while running down the clock.

Now, you guys get WAY too defensive and act like everything is personal. Nowhere did I down Cloudland, no where did I say anything bad about the school or the team. I'd even go as far as to say ask anyone outside of the Cloudland faithful if what I said was inaccurate and attacking and you will be hard pressed to find anyone. And for the record, if you do your research, not a lot of county teams want to play against EHS because of the playoff seeding rules (based on wins). The gates would be huge but it wouldn't help any of the schools involved get ready for the playoffs. And you might get your wish if they decide to combine the Carter County Schools into one like they have been talking..but then it would jump you guys up to class 5A with Science Hill an DB. 

Edited by EHSTrack06

Pujo, you are correct an at least you are civil when you post :D

As for everyone else.. 

Lol...don't take everything so personally. I have no bias against any school except for Greeneville and Science Hill. It's not like I said Cloudland was gonna get blown out, I just don't think they will get past Johnson County as easy as a lot of their fan think they will. Point out one thing in my post that is factually incorrect. I shouldn't have to but I'll break down and defend every piece of my post if you guys will get over your bias to read it for what it is, an opinion.

"I'm gonna have to go with JC in this one. Speed kills but it barely got past a horrible Happy Valley team." All I read from Cloudland fans in this thread is that they are fast an got speed and that's what will win their games. Their speed only beat a down Happy Valley 21-18. 

"JC is completely different than HV. JC will run it and run it hard. They are big as usual and those hits will stop any speed. " If by watching them play I have a close friend who plays on Johnson County. Told me JC has a lot of power and size but lacks in the skill positions. JC is better than Happy Valley this season. JC is mostly a run first team. They like to grind away at the clock. They have a lot of big boys again this season and a powerful HB. He hits the holes hard. And if a speedy guy gets hit hard, his speed also takes a hit.

"When I hear speed, I think of Ethan Thomas, Jeremiah Turner speed..those guys can get around the JC boys..so if Cloudland can match the speed of EHS then yes, speed will beat power. " The way some Cloudland fans talk they make it sound as if their speed is gonna have them win in a blowout or win big. This part was purely a comparison. EHS usually doesn't blow out JC and we got speed as well so you can't say speed is what will win games.

"If Cloudland wins it'll be another close one. If JC wins it will be low scoring bc they love to control the clock with a very slow tempo. Cloudland only scoring 21 on HV is a red flag for me though." Absolutely NOTHING in this section is wrong. Johnson County is better than Happy Valley and a clear favorite to finish 3rd in 3RC. If Cloudland wins it will be another close one like the Happy Valley game. If Johnson County wins it will be low scoring because they don't have the speed and will just ground and pound their way through while running down the clock. 

Now, you guys get WAY too defensive and act like everything is personal. Nowhere did I down Cloudland, no where did I say anything bad about the school or the team. I'd even go as far as to say ask anyone outside of the Cloudland faithful if what I said was inaccurate and attacking and you will be hard pressed to find anyone. And for the record, if you do your research, not a lot of county teams want to play against EHS because of the playoff seeding rules (based on wins). The gates would be huge but it wouldn't help any of the schools involved get ready for the playoffs. And you might get your wish if they decide to combine the Carter County Schools into one like they have been talking..but then it would jump you guys up to class 5A with Science Hill an DB. 

I didn't  see anything bad in you're 1st post and  I think you clarified your reasoning quite well.  I pull for all our local teams ,but in the end , they are what they are. If Icould make them bigger,stronger or faster by posting on here,alot of opponents would be in for some rough nights. I'm just proud of all these hard working dedicated kids . There are alot of easier ways to gain attention than working you're butt off year around . Hats off to all the kids.

I agree, when it comes time for the playoffs or if a local team is playing a non local team I always pull for the local team regardless of their rivalry with my Alma mater(Even Greeneville and Science Hill...). I got nothing but respect for anyone who puts on a helmet and pads. I wish the County schools could start getting more recognition as it helps this area as a whole, but it's just a bad cycle that is never ending..Hampton and Cloudland in the past have almost broken the glass ceiling and hopefully on or both will do it again in the future.

Edited by EHSTrack06

Have you even watched either team play. They both have speed. Every time some one from elizabethton has something to say. They are always better than any county school around. Better speed better back better line better everything. This is why I can not stand people from elizabethton. heck all the county schools have there share of speed and over the years had really good speed. But I guess just because u are from elizabethton u are better. What I would give to see happy valley or Johnson county to beat Elizabethan. Then you would here all of them complaining abouta bad call or something. heck KING let's combine Hampton and cloudland and shut them up. Because then they couldn't keep from playing us. EHStrack 06 I dare u to come to a county school game running our mouth. Hope our a track star because u will need to be. Hahaha

Don't forget about our new stadium. ITS GONNA BE BETTER THAN YOURS!!! Heck our old stadium is nicer than yours. As far as you and cloudland shuttin us up, I'd even throw in happy valley and we still would beat ya!!!! Don't hate us because we're better.    GO CYCLONES!!!

Pujo knows that this Cyclone fan pulls for all the county school's and I hope nothing for the best for all the kids and I have a lot of friends that pull for Hampton and played football there as well.Lets get back to what this board is about and that's Cloudland VS Johnson County

You are a goodun Lawman and I think you hit the nail on the head. My daddy is bigger than yours is a little childish.

You are a goodun Lawman and I think you hit the nail on the head. My daddy is bigger than yours is a little childish.

Well, he started it. On a Serious note I just love football anywhere, anytime and especially all of our area teams and I wish them all the luck in the world. I would love to see a team from around here win a state championship.                         GO CYCLONES!!!