4A Poll 9-9

SSHSRebel07

I think they are leaving Covington out of the rankings on purpose just so they can read your reactions on CoachT lol

Probably.

Actually, last year we expected to be good and were ranked high, especially as the year went on. This year, even our fanbase is sort of surprised that we graduated 22 players and are still winning. I'm not too surprised that the AP voters have not picked up on us. And, we could lose this week, making it a moot point.

Right now I'm just smiling and enjoying the ride.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one from the west should be in the top 5...unless trezevant  is still 4A...and they arent ranked for whatever reason...maybe i should go check the 3A poll

heard trezevant didnt lose many if any last season

crockett hasnt beaten anyone that will make the playoffs...and the 1 team theyve played that might make the playoffs is known to be down and still dropped them by 3 TDs...wins over bolivar and jackson south side arent anything that 1A and 2A schools couldnt do on a regular basis...CC deserves no talk much less votes

lexington...down year...struggling thru games but managing wins...weak district...maybe the weakest in the state...1st round bust again...they are pretty young...but still...no reason to get excited...

dyersburg gets ranked even after they lost to another 4A squad...and they lost big...why isnt haywood ranked...at least that would make some sense

of course haywood gets drilled by liberty...but liberty gets no votes even though they might be playing the toughest schedule in 4A...its interesting that teams like Alcoa and CAK can play up and lose...yet still receive votes

regardless i dont think were a top 5 team...but i know lexington, crockett and dyersburg arent top 10 either...Covington has a solid case...possibly starting out 4-0 with 3 Ws coming at the expense of 5A and 6A schools is pretty amusing

Definitely agree with you dhstennis. Trezevant lost 7 seniors that played meaningful snaps last season. 4 out of 5 offensive lineman and every skill player return except #10. I think that was his # was. Now they lost all of thier linebackers n a defensive end on d. Maybe that's the reason they aren't ranked. But to return that many starters from a quarter final team that was a drive away from the semis, I'm interested to see people's explanation as to why they aren't ranked. Being an alumnus of the school, I just hope these young men keep playing and all the accolades will come soon.

Edited by truthBtold03

Your right.Trezevant lost to the #7 6a team in Mississippi by a field with 8 seconds to go 17-14. That same school scores 45 points on a good CBHS team the following week. What is his criteria for ranking these teams? I find it hard to believe that he actually sees every team play. If I'm not mistaken trezevant wasn't ranked last season either, but they still were a top 8 school in 4a. I'm just happy these young men are not judged by a ranking system when the playoffs begin.