Bruceton vs. Dresden!

tigermanager58

Yates has been doing a good job running the ball to give Caldwell a breather. He keeps his legs moving and hits the hole hard. Would like to see Washington get more touches he has explosive speed. Mitchell had a good showing with the two recoveries .Hodge has a lot of options he can use with the versatility on the sideline.

Good point about your upcoming players. I predict Dresden wins by at least 14 at Bruceton.

Yates is twice the fullback and Caldwell should be giving him a breather, but Yates is young. Yates and McDonald both need more touches for Dresden to go far. Several young impressive players from Dresden. Should be very good for the next several years over there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there should be a lot of emotion in this game given both coaches are from the same hometown! hope this one is decided on the field and not by the referees.i think its too close to call.

This will be a good game. Referees usually don't decide games, they enforce the rules of the game. It's up to the Coaches to determine the direction & manage the intensity of their player's conduct. Someone along these threads, it is never the coaches fault for their players---but in reality, they only play like they are encouraged or allowed.  I foresee a good hard hitting game, but I predict Dresden will be on their best behavior this week.....that eye of the TSSAA is keen and bashing their people isn't confined to one association. Dresden by 9 and I'd say 10 if they had a consistent kicker.

Good point about your upcoming players. I predict Dresden wins by at least 14 at Bruceton.

Yates is twice the fullback and Caldwell should be giving him a breather, but Yates is young. Yates and McDonald both need more touches for Dresden to go far. Several young impressive players from Dresden. Should be very good for the next several years over there.

Wow Fanatic! Just when I thought you might have a bit of football insight you go and say something like that. Ever check a stat before you rant? Yates is an excellent player that will save us many times in the future but to say he is twice the back Caldwell is???? Wow that explains alot. :popcorneater:  

This will be a good game. Referees usually don't decide games, they enforce the rules of the game. It's up to the Coaches to determine the direction & manage the intensity of their player's conduct. Someone along these threads, it is never the coaches fault for their players---but in reality, they only play like they are encouraged or allowed.  I foresee a good hard hitting game, but I predict Dresden will be on their best behavior this week.....that eye of the TSSAA is keen and bashing their people isn't confined to one association. Dresden by 9 and I'd say 10 if they had a consistent kicker.

What you mean by the TSSAA comment Hater? The Refs control the players more than the coach. How one might ask? Let me explain lets take Basketball. The kids will be allowed in one half to slap,reach, or whatever then after halftime the Refs will decide to tighten up calls. Thus relaying control upon the game,players,coaches,etc. :idea:

What you mean by the TSSAA comment Hater? The Refs control the players more than the coach. How one might ask? Let me explain lets take Basketball. The kids will be allowed in one half to slap,reach, or whatever then after halftime the Refs will decide to tighten up calls. Thus relaying control upon the game,players,coaches,etc. :idea:

I know you are probably from Dresden, so I will make this easy for you......

A referee is the person of authority, in a variety of sports, who is responsible for presiding over the game from a neutral point of view and making on the fly decisions that enforce the rules of the sport, including sportsmanship decisions such as ejection.

Nothing in the definition defines a referee's responsibility to be the leader or offers any latitude in encouraging or giving direction for any action within the game. You can Wiki, google, Webster this all day.....it comes down to the Coaching staff, school administration, parents to advise direction of style of play and "ultimately" the poor, picked on player who will be executing that direction.

It's always easy to blame someone else, than to look in the mirror.

I'll make it even easier for you.......This last line applies "mostly" to Crazy Hodge from my observations, but your Administration allows it.

Coaching (for dummies version 101):

In sports, a coach is an individual that teaches and supervises, which involves giving directions, instruction and training of the on-field operations of an athletic team or of individual athletes. This type of coach gets involved in all the aspects of the sport, including physical and mental player development. Sports coaches train their athletes to become better at the physical components of the game, while others train athletes to become better at the mental components of the game. The coach is assumed to know more about the sport, and have more previous experience and knowledge. The coach’s job is to transfer as much of this knowledge and experience to the players to develop the most skilled athletes. When coaching its entail to the application of sport tactics and strategies during the game or contests itself, and usually entails substitution of players and other such actions as needed. Many coaches work at setting their own rules and regulations.