Hillsboro Football 2013

CasualBystander

As a follower of 11-AAA football for the past few years. I witnessed the parting of ways of Coach Clayton and Franklin High School, and as most of you know he went down the road to Hillsboro High School. However the story since is fraught with differences of opinion...

2012-

Hillsboro posted a 6-4 regular season record (a definite upgrade over 3-7 & 4-6), and goes into the 2nd round of the play-offs (first appearance since 2009).

Franklin posted a 6-4 record and missed the playoffs (First time in over 10 years).
It appeared, and all "CoachT" propaganda supported the theory that the two programs were heading in different directions, and many pointed to the coaching changes...

2013-

Hillsboro is 1-3 with a heartbreaking loss to Overton recently.

Franklin is 3-0.

Once again it appears the teams are heading in opposite directions, however the proposed rationale of coaching doesn't seem to be holding true.

So I ask the question; What is going on with Hillsboro football this year?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a follower of 11-AAA football for the past few years. I witnessed the parting of ways of Coach Clayton and Franklin High School, and as most of you know he went down the road to Hillsboro High School. However the story since is fraught with differences of opinion...

2012-

Hillsboro posted a 6-4 regular season record (a definite upgrade over 3-7 & 4-6), and goes into the 2nd round of the play-offs (first appearance since 2009).

Franklin posted a 6-4 record and missed the playoffs (First time in over 10 years).

It appeared, and all "CoachT" propaganda supported the theory that the two programs were heading in different directions, and many pointed to the coaching changes...

2013-

Hillsboro is 1-3 with a heartbreaking loss to Overton recently.

Franklin is 3-0.

Once again it appears the teams are heading in opposite directions, however the proposed rationale of coaching doesn't seem to be holding true.

So I ask the question; What is going on with Hillsboro football this year?

I think it has very little to do with coaches,it is just the up and down seasons many high school teams have from year to year. Graduations,eligibility issues,injuries, and mistakes in games has a lot to do with wins and losses. 

I think it has very little to do with coaches,it is just the up and down seasons many high school teams have from year to year. Graduations,eligibility issues,injuries, and mistakes in games has a lot to do with wins and losses. 

I agree, but don't say that in a Riverdale thread. Maryville either for that matter. According to many of them only the coach is responsible for wins and losses. Players don't matter much other than how much they like the coach. Now watch the fans of both of those schools show up and hijack this tread. Sorry about that. 

Hillsboro lost @ 4-0 Rossview 28-14 in week 0, lost to #5 ranked team in 5A in KY on the Road at Christian Co 28-25 then lost @ 4-0 Overton 26-23 in OT.. Hillsboro only has 6 seniors this year but are loaded in the JR and Soph class.. They will at least finish the year 7-3 or 6-4..

Franklin has a very good team this year. They were all young last year and went through growing pains. Franklin was 4-6 last year, not 6-4 as the first poster mentioned. They are very well coached and will make a good Run this year

Edited by HighLife

I think Casual Bystander is trying to stir a pot. There was never any talk of the programs going in different directions, just the unceremonious dumping of a successful coach by a wellllll...let's not travel that road again lol.

I hope you are right that the Rebels are headed in the rigjt direction but I wont start tooting my horn after these wins, I'll wait for the Indy, Brentwood, Ravenwood and Centennial games.

Coming from somebody who has worked with both staffs, and hopes the best for both staffs consequently; I wish that graduations, returning starters, depth, and actual talent would be taken more into consideration when passing judgment on a school's program and coaches.

Inexperience & Youth hurt Franklin last year, but continuity in freshmen & JV programs will alleviate this issue in the future.

Positional depth is hurting Hillsboro, and sometimes there in no way around that. But Clayton, Murphy, and Lopez will make the Burros one of the most well-coached teams in the Metro district every year.

1) Thanks for the correction on Franklin's record last year (4-6)

And what if I am trying to stir the pot? Isn't that the purpose of CoachT?

Due to the connection(s), and lingering attitudes & resentments the two programs have been compared, and I only thought it was fair to observe the discussion in the light of this year so far. The argument only seemed to be fueled when Franklin was struggling and Hillsboro seemed to be improving (which I don't think is fair).

But I think the 7-3/6-4 record projection for Hillsboro seems a little far-fetched if you ask me....

1) Thanks for the correction on Franklin's record last year (4-6)

And what if I am trying to stir the pot? Isn't that the purpose of CoachT?

Due to the connection(s), and lingering attitudes & resentments the two programs have been compared, and I only thought it was fair to observe the discussion in the light of this year so far. The argument only seemed to be fueled when Franklin was struggling and Hillsboro seemed to be improving (which I don't think is fair).

But I think the 7-3/6-4 record projection for Hillsboro seems a little far-fetched if you ask me....

How is that far fetched? Have you seen the Burros play?? Have you looked at the remaining schedule?