Sequatchie @ Marion

MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is a "good defense" that you want to see him against? If he runs for 150 vs the mighty Pirates would that convince you?

He will get 150 or more against everyone he plays. He is a low to the ground hard runner. People aren't going to totally stop him. You have to limit the other guy's around him. Zemen will get his. Yes even against SP.

You need to open your other eye if you don't think Zeman is a great back. He will probably go down as one of the top five backs in MC history before all is said and done. He is an excellent back, doesn't have the break away speed like the SP backs, but he is an even better person than he is football player. Yes, he has fumbled in a couple of games this year, but he is also recovering from a broken hand. Usually if a team is healthy and executes well they will do well in the game, thanks for the insight :thumb:

Who is recruiting Zeman? He is putting up some really good numbers.

He will get 150 or more against everyone he plays. He is a low to the ground hard runner. People aren't going to totally stop him. You have to limit the other guy's around him. Zemen will get his. Yes even against SP.

I disagree . He is good but if for some reason # 24 don't stay healthy #1 would be there only other option since #15 isn't looking good and Willis is out probably for a long time and teams would shut him down. He was getting stopped until #24 started breaking loose on the outside. #,24 is a huge part of there success and no one gives him credit. SP has the speed and the strength and will be in the backfield all night. If and only if SP come to play on 11/1 MC won't know what hit them. If they come in cocky thinking they won before the whistle blows it could be a long night. But I have seen Marion play and SP play and both playing SC. Both teams play more than once -- My money is on the orange and Black. I go on record now and say it 1st if Marion goes 3 and out without scoring on every drive a SP plays to potential it will and I mean it will get ugly quick. But SP better fire on all cylinders cause this team ain't one you want to let hang around. I hope both teams stay healthy and they both show up.. oh yea back on topic sorry ....good game last night. Edited by CHICKENDAVE

This was a great game last night and I enjoyed it from start to finish!  In my opinion, Marion played very good team ball last night.  Their were many changes made by each @ the half to try to stop the other and I am kind of shocked that no one has pointed out the biggest change.  The indains ran a 6-5 defense 90% of the second half.  They sold out everything to stop the run and Marion still moved the football.  Again, was a great game to watch last night!  Good luck to the Indians on the rest of the season and.....

Go Warriors!

Chickendave you can't go by how they each played SC because SP had trouble scoring on GC last night until the last part of the 4th qtr. and marion scored on grundy at will and they never really stopped Marion's running game at all. Just saying that you can't go by how they both played against a certain team. I think it will be a close game which ever way it goes I don't see either team dominating the other when they play later. Just my opinion though.

Road warrior is right. They did out everyone up on the line of scrimmage. I'm still puzzled about what happened toward the end of the game. Sequatchie wasn't completely out of it but all of a sudden it looked like they put several clean white jerseys on the field. Marion promptly hit them for big plays, but im still scratching my head on that one.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Chickendave you can't go by how they each played SC because SP had trouble scoring on GC last night until the last part of the 4th qtr. and marion scored on grundy at will and they never really stopped Marion's running game at all. Just saying that you can't go by how they both played against a certain team. I think it will be a close game which ever way it goes I don't see either team dominating the other when they play later. Just my opinion though.

That's a good point. I remember back in the day. One valley team would beat someone bad and that same team would lose to a team that had lost to the other team. You never know in this great game.

Ran a 6-5 d? OK.  Anyway, I think the sweep is what really hurt the Indians with over 300 yards on that play along.  They also had to deal with youth and the mistakes that come with it.  I think the Indians had 6 freshman on the field at one time.  You can run all the sprints you want to but you are not going to last 4 qtrs. that way against a good team.  I really do think the Indians are headed in the right direction.  I just think youth showed its ugly head last night.  I have talked to many really good coaches at the 5 and 6A level and they always say you can figure a loss during a season for every sophomore you start during the season.  I could see it being the same way at 1 to 3A playing freshman.  I also think Sequatchie has also had to deal with a lot of adversity this season.  I wish Marion well, and I think there will be brighter days to come for the Indians.  I really expect the Indians to bounce back this week.