Sycamore vs Smyrna

Clancy

Good luck sycamore! Y'all have played in some barn burners it seems this year. That D has played pretty tough.

Thanks, We love great football and we have had our share of hard nosed football so far and I don't see it letting up.  We are certainly. getting our money's worth this year.  The amazing thing to me is that the kids never seem to get down.  Great senior leadership and great coaches.

We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot at times. And then stand back to admire the hole. Penalties and missed assignments killed us in our last game against Oakland. Not to mention we took a big ole butt whoopin. I could see the Bulldogs coming in with a chip on their shoulder. We run it well at times but also have had trouble with stopping the run pretty much all season. Our secondary is solid. I would have to say that the Bulldogs are the favorite by a couple of scores if I had to guess. However I did notice that Sycamore has some size and that they do play very physical football. Should be a fun game. I like going to new places to watch football. Can't wait.

Sycamore comes into this game 1 - 3.  Those 3 losses all came from teams that are ranked in the top 100 in the state (one in the top 50).  They lost by a total of 10 points for all three games; one in regulation due to a missed field goal(that would have put them in OT, one in OT, and one in double OT.  These guys are tough and they don't quit.  It's time for "David" to win one.  I'm sure that I am in the minority (that is me, 5 or 6 coaches, and a hand full of players), but, that is why they play the game and I like those odds.  Don't you just love Friday nights.  SYCAMORE WINS A CLOSE ONE!

:thumb:  I'd like to see it happen, but I'm not sure a Williamson County or Rutherford County 6A team is the place for 3A and 4A teams to look for games.  They probably dress out as many as UT will. 

I wondered how long Creek Wood/Dickson Co would last and then Creek Wood pulls out an upset in a year when neither one of them are all that good.  It can happen.  Marshall County beat Columbia this year but that's 4A vs 5A.  Depth is usually the issue.

Good luck!