Region 1 AAA- District 1 and District 2

TommyMan37604

Not really. 18 points is not a blowout by any means. SH had to work their butts off for every point. West took numerous shots they didn't sink. I'd be curious to know how many attempts each team had.

West JV girls beat SH by over 20, so they'll be some good competition against each other for the next few years. No doubt each team has a lot of talent, and is a great game to watch when they play each other. Hopefully they'll see each other in the regional finals.

The tempo went down in the fourth because SH kept trying to slow the pace down and play keep away to run the clock down. West kept the pressure up on SH though and came back to within 9 points with 3 min to go. Again, I'd like to know how many attempts at shots each team had. SH executed their 3 point shots well. West missed several wide open layups, 3 point shots and free throws. Say what you want, but one of the SH parents said that SH doesn't have any competition in their area and West actually gives them a difficult game. It was a great game, full of action, and definitely another match-up to look forward to.

I will say what I want. West will not beat SH this year. When you are up 20 in the fourth on the road you tend to let up and yes it was 20 (44 - 22). As competition out league stinks but that doesn't hinder SH or at least I hope not. Those kids play when it counts and have for years. As for your excuses about missed shots that's because they were out of control and afraid of Lyons sending it to the stands or the tall blond blocking them as well. SH missed give mes too so that point is mute. If the fouls are 12 or so to 2 then your team has shot more! It's ok to lose. Just hope you can win ur league so can get to substate. I think you guys could beat any team in Knoxville.

The tempo went down in the fourth because SH kept trying to slow the pace down and play keep away to run the clock down. West kept the pressure up on SH though and came back to within 9 points with 3 min to go. Again, I'd like to know how many attempts at shots each team had. SH executed their 3 point shots well. West missed several wide open layups, 3 point shots and free throws. Say what you want, but one of the SH parents said that SH doesn't have any competition in their area and West actually gives them a difficult game. It was a great game, full of action, and definitely another match-up to look forward to.

I saw the game. West got so far behind in the first quarter that they had to play catch up  for three quarters.  Terrible shooting from the field and the free throw line for west.  Science Hill's Lyons is the real thing, she is definitely the difference maker. SH blocked at least 8 shots and played very smart basketball.   About the only negative for SH was that their bench wasn't very strong, but they didn't need them on this night.

The positives for West were that  its several  freshmen on varsity were playing their first high school game and will get better  while their best outside shooters only took two 3 point shots the entire game. Also, SH is the only team in Region 1 that will play man to man against West for the whole game so West knows it must improve its dribble , drive and DISH mentality and its ability to create more opportunities to get open threes when they do play a quick and long team like SH. 

The positives for SH are obvious. They have a great point guard and center. They have two exceptional outside shooters and they are very long for a high school team.  Lyons makes SH perhaps unbeatable in East Tennessee.

I will say what I want. West will not beat SH this year. When you are up 20 in the fourth on the road you tend to let up and yes it was 20 (44 - 22). As competition out league stinks but that doesn't hinder SH or at least I hope not. Those kids play when it counts and have for years. As for your excuses about missed shots that's because they were out of control and afraid of Lyons sending it to the stands or the tall blond blocking them as well. SH missed give mes too so that point is mute. If the fouls are 12 or so to 2 then your team has shot more! It's ok to lose. Just hope you can win ur league so can get to substate. I think you guys could beat any team in Knoxville.

SH did not "let up" in the fourth and let West come back to within 9 points with over 3 minutes to go in the quarter. SH would be stupid to do that as 9 points is very much attainable with that amount of time left in the game. West was not afraid of Lyons. They look forward to playing against her. Whining about foul calls is silly when West weren't making their free throws. West had more fouls called against them the first half anyways and SH were making their free throws. You just can't seem to admit that west gives SH a very good game and vice versa. West played a strong bench with freshmen and sophomores playing the majority of the game. You can't say the same about SH when SH doesn't even allow freshman to play on the varsity team.

That is totally inaccurate. #52 #10 #22 played as freshman. SH just graduated 3 that played as freshman. SH must not have any freshman capable of playing on varsity this year. Quit fishing. You have lost 3 or 4 straight to SH. Now that may change but for now your second best. Take it to the TOPP!

You missed the point! Your upper classmen just had a very physical strong game given to them by underclassmen! SH has freshmen very much capable of playing on your varsity team. One of YOUR people volunteered the info by the way, and it wasn't a freshman parent. There's no fishing to be done. West has a young team of talent that gave SH a heck of a game last night. SH couldn't do that with their younger players. The ones you named played as freshmen because that's what SH had then. Right now, freshmen are not allowed to play on varsity at SH. That's not fishing, that's a fact.

I'm sorry you are miss informed. As are parents. I would say the coaches at SH would be willing to play freshman if they thought they could help. Parents tend to have skewed views. That's why I'm a fan. I was that way when my kid played they are in college. But that's ok. If you call 20 down in the fourth a game then your idea of a game is different than mine which is fine. You have a good freshman too bad she wasn't a senior then you might have one. It really doesn't matter your age just the outcome. SH by 18 enuf said on this matter.

I saw the game. West got so far behind in the first quarter that they had to play catch up  for three quarters.  Terrible shooting from the field and the free throw line for west.  Science Hill's Lyons is the real thing, she is definitely the difference maker. SH blocked at least 8 shots and played very smart basketball.   About the only negative for SH was that their bench wasn't very strong, but they didn't need them on this night.

The positives for West were that  its several  freshmen on varsity were playing their first high school game and will get better  while their best outside shooters only took two 3 point shots the entire game. Also, SH is the only team in Region 1 that will play man to man against West for the whole game so West knows it must improve its dribble , drive and DISH mentality and its ability to create more opportunities to get open threes when they do play a quick and long team like SH. 

The positives for SH are obvious. They have a great point guard and center. They have two exceptional outside shooters and they are very long for a high school team.  Lyons makes SH perhaps unbeatable in East Tennessee.

Sounds like you are an assistant coach. SH only gives you lanes to drive if they want you to. At times they funnel players towards the rim while those athletes deny your kick outs. This forces players to drive to deep and either take a (Lyon) effected adjusted shot, get it blocked or turn it over trying to DISH it to a covered player. They are too athletic for teams in Region 1.

Lyons, Tarter and Greogry are top players in East Tennessee. The other 4 or 5 that got to play are solid high school players gaining experience. Stay out of SH's region bracket.

Mo West has a nice mix of veterans and youth.  Winning Disctict 2 will be a tall task.  Jeff. Co. Cocke Co. Mo. East all have good teams.

Edited by endguard