Oakland vs Blackman

sportsinator

I agree this is WAY too early to start this thread. Between now and the game, each team has a few weeks to either improve or get injured. For instance, if Blackman lost their QB, Oakland might come in a big favorite. Likewise, remove a few of the Oakland uglies, and a different choice might be made. The more interesting post might be which team has more players that will be playing on Saturdays in the future. I expect a few college discriminating coaches to be watching.

Oakland has way more people going to play on Saturdays.

Emmanuel Smith Vandy commit

Jack Jones UT commit

Austin Barrett 7 offers

Caleb Yates 3 offers

Josh Smith a couple of SEC offers

Kevin Prather leads district in tackles will go D1

Kyle Oliver (size) will go somewhere

Tyler Black (hurt) is good and will end up somewhere

Josh Cunningham is having an amazing season and is picking up D1 looks

Not forgetting Dj hood and Fred Wade probably going somewhere small like Austin Peay

And finally a couple of sophomores like Ty Nix and Hudson smith that can play well!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has way more people going to play on Saturdays.

Emmanuel Smith Vandy commit

Jack Jones UT commit

Austin Barrett 7 offers

Caleb Yates 3 offers

Josh Smith a couple of SEC offers

Kevin Prather leads district in tackles will go D1

Kyle Oliver (size) will go somewhere

Tyler Black (hurt) is good and will end up somewhere

Josh Cunningham is having an amazing season and is picking up D1 looks

Not forgetting Dj hood and Fred Wade probably going somewhere small like Austin Peay

And finally a couple of sophomores like Ty Nix and Hudson smith that can play well!

I like my team. Any high school game comes down to match-ups. Can you match the other teams speed and can you be physical for four quarters. How will a team react when you smack'em in the mouth. It's all about match-ups not only on the the field but off as well.

I like my team for more than one reason.  :popcorneater:

Agreed. Didnt know if Blackman would be able to do it in the pre-season, but they have made big strides in areas that they needed to.

The article in the Daily Newless Journal today pointed out some of the reasons for that success.  Size of squad, emphasis in the weight room, team instead of ME...............

Glad Shad listened to this old man years ago when I was wailing on his Smyrna teams.

Somebody please tell us when we can buy tickets and where it is going to be played as some of us HAVE to be there to watch it.

The article in the Daily Newless Journal today pointed out some of the reasons for that success.  Size of squad, emphasis in the weight room, team instead of ME...............

Glad Shad listened to this old man years ago when I was wailing on his Smyrna teams.

Somebody please tell us when we can buy tickets and where it is going to be played as some of us HAVE to be there to watch it.

It is @Oakland on the Thursday night of Week 8.

FBGuru....I love the enthusiasm for the team/players, but it is undeniable who has more college tallent this year, and it's not really close.  Oakland has multiple kids that have several offers...Blackman has what, like 2 kids.  I love this team, but to say they have more "college" talent than Oakland is just uninformed.  I really think Blackman will pull this one out, but it will be a slug-fest and to take words out of Coach McDaniel's mouth, it will be a "fist fight".