Elizabethton @ Happy Valley

lawnman

I'm definitely in favor of a new stadium as long as the new stadium has plenty of seating..that's all I ask..and bathrooms on both sides of the stadium. Parking won't be a problem because you will have the streets as well as the multiple EHS parking lots. Perhaps even part of the Ingles complex.

As lawnman said, EHS fans don't have a choice in seating. Almost all of the home side is reserved and even a section of the away side is reserved for the home fans. I always sit with some of my friends right on the 50-45 yrd line on the away side. It can be scary, especially when EHS is creaming the other team and we're the only ones wearing EHS stuff in the middle of the visiting teams fans (we don't talk crap or act obnoxious though..just cheer loud lol)

Thats were we used to sit until we got season tickets and we had fans mad at us just for cheering loud.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can build the stadium without raising taxes that is fine.Elizabethton is a poor town and a working class town so  most people do not have extra money to throw around. The paper said 2500 seats on home side and 1000 on vistors side.

I worry about when EHS has some down years and the crowds go down which will happen and has happened in the past all them seats will make the place look awful. 

i loved watching my son's teams playing against the clones at thier home field , loved walking by the yards with people grilling out and pregaming. It was the way old school football should be, but things change and it is time for Betsy to have a new field.North always brought a big crowd and it was about as much fun to watch the show in the stands as the one on the field.Plus if you do beat them at home it is sweet to walk out on their field after it over because you have earned it. As far as fridays game goes the one big worry betsy has is not to keep the starters on the field to long and get someone hurt. Thomas will do as much as whitten will let him, if hv does  happen to catch him they will be hard pressed to bring him down. Really looking foward to the south Betsy game. South is fast all over but you have to do more than catchThomas.winner takes the Crown

I know there will be bills and taxes but I would rather have water (which Elizabethton loses half of theirs) than a new stadium if it comes to taxes. If this bond thing can get them a stadium go for it. I do not like the turf idea I would rather them keep it grass. I know they need turf for soccer and all the other things. I wish they could poll the players in secret ballot and ask them if they like turf or grass better. 

i loved watching my son's teams playing against the clones at thier home field , loved walking by the yards with people grilling out and pregaming. It was the way old school football should be, but things change and it is time for Betsy to have a new field.North always brought a big crowd and it was about as much fun to watch the show in the stands as the one on the field.Plus if you do beat them at home it is sweet to walk out on their field after it over because you have earned it. As far as fridays game goes the one big worry betsy has is not to keep the starters on the field to long and get someone hurt. Thomas will do as much as whitten will let him, if hv does happen to catch him they will be hard pressed to bring him down. Really looking foward to the south Betsy game. South is fast all over but you have to do more than catchThomas.winner takes the Crown

We have a tradition because my sister lives close to TA Dugger.We eat and then sit around and talk about the game or the band because her daughter is the drum major and then we walk to the game.I guess we can still do the same thing if they build a new stadium at the high school.Either way I will be there supporting the cyclones. Edited by lawnman